Installing wirless lan in UBUNTU 9.10

dileepchacko

Joined May 13, 2008
Dear All

I am using DELL INSPIRON 1525 installed with ubuntu 9.10. I want to install wirless lan and webcam in my system...help please.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You need the proper drivers, have you got them and plus a guy who uses ubuntu, I had only once installed ununtu for a trail run.
I think you'll have better luck to search for ubuntu user forums and ask the ubuntu guru's

Rifaa

subtech

Joined Nov 21, 2006
Support for wireless items was limited in 8.04. It would be worthwhile to upgrade to 8.10 or even 9.04.
I'm using netbook remix on this machine (a new HP mini) and the wireless worked immediately.
The newer versions while not totally bug free are working quite well with new netbooks and laptops.

Fenris

Joined Oct 21, 2007
I have been on Ubuntu for over a year now starting with 8.04. I am now up to 9.04. I started with wireless and had no problems. For my laptop which needed a dongle to go wireless I used Ndiswrapper from the repo's to use windows wireless drivers under linux for an unbranded dongle but Belkin seems to be fine without, YMMV.

But on the whole linux has picked up and used most of the wireless hardware I have used no problem. Webcam wise I have no idea. Do go over to the ubuntuforums where all manner of info and solutions is at your fingertips.

regards

Fenris