Inspirational Books

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
Share your inspirational books so we can all profit! Obviously all the religious tomes are a given at least to some.

In no particular or exhaustive order (I've read a few others). Quote if you like:

1. The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
2. French dictionary - especially the misuse of.
3. Catcher in the Rye
4. Into the Wild
5. Light on Life - BKS Iyengar
6. All About Circuits Free ebooks (not yet complete in either sense)
7. The guitar handbook - Ralph Denyer
8. The Dice Man - Luke Reinhardt

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
Wow a hundred viewers and no books. Or 100 viewers and no inspiration. Or both.

Best close the thread and get back to the Sunday Sport. Fnaaarrrrr Kyuk Kyuk:p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know about inspirational, but I am more of a Sci Fi reader. David Weber is my current favorite. My top three life favorites are the big three, Heinlein, Asimov, and Clark.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
My recent inspirational reading is the discovery about Canada's north, especially about the forgotten such as John Rae, who's name was smeared by Lady Franklin.
Ken McGoogan has written inspirational stories of Rae, amazing guy, and of the north.

Others are the works of Charles Darwin.
And one of his modern scientific disciples, Richard Dawkins.
The Selfish Gene.
The Blind Watchmaker.
The God Delusion.
All a good read, IMO.
Max.

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
My recent inspirational reading is the discovery about Canada's north, especially about the forgotten such as John Rae, who's name was smeared by Lady Franklin.
Ken McGoogan has written inspirational stories of Rae, amazing guy, and of the north.

Others are the works of Charles Darwin.
And one of his modern scientific disciples, Richard Dawkins.
The Selfish Gene.
The Blind Watchmaker.
The God Delusion.
All a good read, IMO.
Max.

Youd like call of the wild Max. by Jon Krakauer holiday reading

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I guess the question that immediately jumps to my mind is, "inspiration to do what?" Some people are inspired by Mein Kampf.

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
I guess the question that immediately jumps to my mind is, "inspiration to do what?" Some people are inspired by Mein Kampf.
I've read bits of it and had two copies at one time (nice birthday gift from wife:D). Its awful - not because of the insight into Hitler or the extreme views but because I have no clue about the politics pre war in Germany and Prussia. One for Historians only. 75% was gobbledigook the remaining 25% whinging and blaming.
A bit dated!

Inspiration to do something worth sharing with yer pals on AAC, so they have the free will to be similarly inspired?

Maybe the Karma Sutra should be struck off the list with 50 shades of grey?

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Keep posting and reading post ,you will get feed back...you will get better with Ideas

and smooth out your ability to communicate. You will always get a reply if within

reason.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Belatedly Hitler has often been referred to as a Madman, among other things, yet 67 Million people of a sophisticated nation followed his lead, or was somehow inspired to follow, when desperate (i.e. starving) many will overlook a little madness.
Max.

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Belatedly Hitler has often been referred to as a Madman, among other things, yet 67 Million people of a sophisticated nation followed his lead, or was somehow inspired to follow, when desperate (i.e. starving) many will overlook a little madness.
Max.
We (in the USA) like to think that we would not follow a madman...or do we?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
All books are inspirational to me. Some inspire me to never pick them up :) (50 shades of grey would be an example)

"wind, sands, and stars" Exupery - “It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys.”

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
Max.
We're all still at it only the method changes.

Treeman

Joined May 22, 2014
I must confess to a 80's/90's Babani fetish. I'm trying to hold it down but pocket sized and replete with esoteric dark art is a strong draw.

:D

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Hello,

You can also take a look at the 24 electronics books of the NEETS series:
http://www.phy.davidson.edu/instrumentation/NEETS.htm

If you are more interested in the old electronics books, you might want to have a look here:
http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm

For old non-electronic books you could have a look at the gutenberg project:
http://www.gutenberg.org/

Bertus

Thank you for posting this, Bertus.

Found this book about electricity, it explains that we do not know what electricity is; just how to do useful things with it.:

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/45955/pg45955.txt