Inspiration

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

Every time I make something, I always see my inspiration on my mind. Don't know why.

It's not a person, indeed a thing.

You mates, who's/what's your inspiration?

Thanks.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I think Nikola Tesla is my inspiration, among other people. He always thought about the future, not just the past. He worked hard for the betterment of mankind, but met up with some people who tried to destroy everything he stood for. Edison, for one. He stole little cats and dogs from people's yards and electrocuted them with AC electricity to show the public how "dangerous" it was. He even killed an elephant.
Despite all his hardships, Tesla kept working and eventually won the "battle of the currents". What fascinates me is that Edison "won" with his incandescent light bulb a hundred years ago, but Tesla kept working on his arc lamp, which led to the invention of the compact fluorescent light. Now, the CFLs are taking over popularity and the resale of incandescent light bulbs will soon be disallowed. Through his determination, he ultimately "won" against his adversary, Edison, in many ways. I don't know who could be much more of a hero to modern science then Nikola Tesla, and that why he is my inspiration.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
My inspiration is the guys like Bill Gates, Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla, they worked hard and made something of themselves through hard work at an idea. They also did it at a young age, which is a factor in my mind.
I just need that one idea...

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
My inspiration was my Grandfather. He was a relatively uneducated man as far as book learning, but was one of the smartest men I have ever known when it came to common sense innovation. He was a self taught blacksmith, machinist, welder, general tinkerer and if he thought of it, he could make it. He received a patent on a mechanism to lift oil drilling rigs to their operating platform height from ground level by using the rigs own winch system, normally used for placing and pulling the drill pipe. In one instance, his shop was called by a local newspaper printer. A rag had gone through their press and bent one of the large rollers. They wanted to know if he could straighten it. The press manufacturer had already told them it would be impossible. Lacking a large enough press, he put the roller in a lathe to see where the bend was. Using heat, he was able to "warp" the roller back into tolerance. He said after the press was back in operation, the first headline was, "P. J.'s Machine Shop Does The Impossible." He was the kind of man that would try anything. I just wish I could be more like him.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Ah, I see. You have been inspired by something that has not yet been invented... I've been there before :D:p
Actually, my inspiration is not as complicated as any machines. It's not electronics-powered.;)

I really don't know why. But every time this thing comes on my mind, I will just do the best to do anything better and good.:p

Over inspired? Eh? :D