Injection Current of PIC32

Janani_Rajkiran

Joined Nov 1, 2016
Hi!
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum injection current value for PIC32 on each I/O pin and also the total injection current for that IC?

It is not specified in the Datasheet.

Thanks!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The only injection I know is when I visit a doctor. :D
Did not know PIC32 can take injections. o_O

Do you mean input current to an I/O and max current drawn by the PIC32 ?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The only injection I know is when I visit a doctor. :D
Did not know PIC32 can take injections. o_O

Do you mean input current to an I/O and max current drawn by the PIC32 ?

Had to look that one up myself.

Injection current is the current that is being forced into a pin by an input voltage higher than the positive supply or lower than ground. The current flows through the input protection diodes into whichever supply is being exceeded. Ideally, all inputs would be limited to the supply voltages, but the chip can tolerate small excursions above and below as long as the current isn't high enough to damage or disrupt the rest of the circuit.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Hi!
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum injection current value for PIC32 on each I/O pin and also the total injection current for that IC?

It is not specified in the Datasheet.
This information can be found in the data sheet for the processor you are using or in the Family data sheet, in the Electrical Characteristics section under Absolute Maximum Ratings.

For example, this document shows the following; note the Maximum Current specifications:

PIC32.png

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
There is no such page or table in PIC32 datasheet
It would help if you would post a link to the data sheet for the specific PIC32 you are referring to, so we can look at it; the particular PIC32 I cited was chosen at random from a long list of PIC32's on Microchip's web site and may have different specs from yours.

Janani_Rajkiran

Joined Nov 1, 2016
It would help if you would post a link to the data sheet for the specific PIC32 you are referring to, so we can look at it; the particular PIC32 I cited was chosen at random from a long list of PIC32's on Microchip's web site and may have different specs from yours.
Hi!
I got it for PIC32 thanks! But now I need the same information for MSP430.

I have attached the Data sheet for your reference. thanks!

Attachments