infrared transmitter & receiver

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by pramod_burnwal, Oct 11, 2010.

1. pramod_burnwal

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    hi friends,actually now i have to do a project based on ir transmitter & receiver.
    i have a query that whether the ir transmitter & receiver are found readymade in the market or we have to prepare it.frequency is not a problem with me.whatever frequency we need basically ir tx & rx to complete the ckt.
    if receiver & transmitter are found in pair,then how can i get specification of these.we need an ir transmitter & receiver pair which can be used for distance 15m.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    RX and TX components can be found in pairs. How u use them is up to u.

3. pramod_burnwal

Oct 10, 2010
    where can i get diff. range specification for diff. ir tx & rx?

4. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    {edit}
    Posts merged

5. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    Something like the TSOP4838 would be good as a reciever for the range you need. Trying to do it with a plain IR phototransistor would be tricky.
    The transmitter will have to be fairly high peak current, maybe 500mA or 1A and modulated at whatever frequency reciever you choose.

6. pramod_burnwal

Oct 10, 2010
    well thanx friend.where can i get the specification for diff. ir tx & rx?i have to use in 10-15m range.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I merged the two threads.
    The subject is the same and posted afther eachother.

@pramod_burnwal
    You can use the reply button to continue a thread.

Here is a page with a lot of links to IR projects:
    http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/circuitsinfra.htm

Bertus

8. pramod_burnwal

Oct 10, 2010
    sorry brother!actually,i am a new member.
    my question may be stupid type but plz ans
    actually,i need an ir tx & rx.i just want to ask if i get a pair & if i put tx in a ckt & rx in another in line of sight,then ckt will be completed or not or sth more i have to do(like phototransister or 555 timer).plz help me in detail.this is basic of my project.

9. pramod_burnwal

Oct 10, 2010
    sorry brother!actually,i am a new member.
    my question may be stupid type but plz ans
    actually,i need an ir tx & rx.i just want to ask if i get a pair & if i put tx in a ckt & rx in another in line of sight,then ckt will be completed or not or sth more i have to do(like phototransister or 555 timer).plz help me in detail.this is basic of my project.

10. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    U cannot get a good connection just by pointing the two IR face to face, ( u will get something at close range).

U need to Modulate the information tht u want to sent with a carrier and then transmit. Then u have to demodulate this from the receiver side to get the info out.

Modulation will get u plenty of distance.

To Modulate and drive an IR led u need something like 555 Timer or there are standard components to make this part easier.
    OR u can use programmable IC

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. pramod_burnwal

Oct 10, 2010
    thanks bro.