infrared transmitter & receiver

pramod_burnwal

Joined Oct 10, 2010
hi friends,actually now i have to do a project based on ir transmitter & receiver.
i have a query that whether the ir transmitter & receiver are found readymade in the market or we have to prepare it.frequency is not a problem with me.whatever frequency we need basically ir tx & rx to complete the ckt.
if receiver & transmitter are found in pair,then how can i get specification of these.we need an ir transmitter & receiver pair which can be used for distance 15m.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Something like the TSOP4838 would be good as a reciever for the range you need. Trying to do it with a plain IR phototransistor would be tricky.
The transmitter will have to be fairly high peak current, maybe 500mA or 1A and modulated at whatever frequency reciever you choose.

pramod_burnwal

Joined Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

I merged the two threads.
The subject is the same and posted afther eachother.

@pramod_burnwal
You can use the reply button to continue a thread.

Here is a page with a lot of links to IR projects:
http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/circuitsinfra.htm

Bertus
sorry brother!actually,i am a new member.
my question may be stupid type but plz ans
actually,i need an ir tx & rx.i just want to ask if i get a pair & if i put tx in a ckt & rx in another in line of sight,then ckt will be completed or not or sth more i have to do(like phototransister or 555 timer).plz help me in detail.this is basic of my project.

pramod_burnwal

Joined Oct 10, 2010
Something like the TSOP4838 would be good as a reciever for the range you need. Trying to do it with a plain IR phototransistor would be tricky.
The transmitter will have to be fairly high peak current, maybe 500mA or 1A and modulated at whatever frequency reciever you choose.
sorry brother!actually,i am a new member.
my question may be stupid type but plz ans
actually,i need an ir tx & rx.i just want to ask if i get a pair & if i put tx in a ckt & rx in another in line of sight,then ckt will be completed or not or sth more i have to do(like phototransister or 555 timer).plz help me in detail.this is basic of my project.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U cannot get a good connection just by pointing the two IR face to face, ( u will get something at close range).

U need to Modulate the information tht u want to sent with a carrier and then transmit. Then u have to demodulate this from the receiver side to get the info out.

Modulation will get u plenty of distance.

To Modulate and drive an IR led u need something like 555 Timer or there are standard components to make this part easier.
OR u can use programmable IC

Last edited: