Infrared Rays..........!

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I have Three Terminal Device Which Is used For receiving Infrared ray In Many remote Control Ckt, I want To know That It is Called as Some People Say it as TSOP,I.r. Receiver ,etc. Pls Clear My Doubt .......!:confused:

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Without ANY input from you, how are we supposed to know what the hell are you talking about?
Tsop means nothing more than a shape of the package. Unless you tell us what the device is or what´s written on it, there is no chance of helping you.

windoze_killa asked you a question. It is rude to ask for help without making any rational input, and ignoring questions from people who are trying to help you.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The original post reads:
I have Three Terminal Device Which Is used For receiving Infrared ray In Many remote Control Ckt, I want To know That It is Called as Some People Say it as TSOP,I.r. Receiver ,etc. Pls Clear My Doubt .......!:confused:
I assume some difficulty on the part of the OP with the King's English. But, that is not being rude. I am sure he does far better with English than I would do with his first language.

John

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
John, I know this is about some mystical three terminal device for infrared rays that probably has tsop written on it, but my point remains. Without his participation, this thread will go nowhere.

Rittesh: The requested photo, or ALL the actual letters on the device will be a great start to identify the device.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Means nothing, those are internal manufacturer's code #s

You've got an unidentified component you THINK might be an IR receiver. You came up with some valid # earlier indicating it may be from the TSOP family so the pinout is probably going to be the same, the internal function however would be unknown.

You could try writing to the manufacturer of the device but I wouldn't expect an answer as with most anything nowadays things like cable boxes are throw away equipment; they were never intended to be worked on from the beginning.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I believe that this is a link to the device in question. The manufacturer had the misfortune of using the four-letter abbreviation of a standard integrated circuit package in the part number.

hgmjr

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Yes, sir is right as i was using it as on/off switch from remote control & now i want to make more than on/off switch without using microcontrollerin this circuit pls help...!

Remote control without a microcontroller will require something like a pair of these chips ...
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/205102/HOLTEK/HT12D.html

You will have to test the detector but the most common types run at around 38Khz and produce a fixed lenght output pulse when a burst is detected at the carrier freequency ....

Here is 1 datasheet (TSOP1737) ... and links to simmilar units.
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/26592/VISHAY/TSOP1737.html
Remember I am only saying that this is a posibility, you will still have to test.

Al

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
A lot of those detectors require ten pulses then a waiting period of at least two pulses.

In other words they are controlled by a microprocessor both at the emitter and the detector stages. You can however fool them by using a pair of 555 ICs to set the frequency and provide the delay.