InfraRed panel hook up help pls

Cliff987

Joined Oct 2, 2012
I got a couple of 240 VAC infra red heating panels that came with what look like heavy molex connectors

Each panel came with two connectors One Male and One Female

The wires are Red, White, and a Yellow/Green-Ground

In each panel they exhibit continuity across the Red and the White ( which makes sense for an electric heat panel).

My assumptions:
1) I'm pretty sure I can feed power into either the male or the female molex connector and
2) that the other one is to connect a second panel in series.

The red and white wires end up reversing across a molex connection pair (see pics)

So My Question is Am I correct about my assumptions?
Milli grazi
IMAG1214_zps9455571e.jpg

IMAG1216_zps2c76b564.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That would seem a logical explanation, as long as the wire capacity can handle it?
But this would be in parallel, not series.
Prego.
Max.

Cliff987

Joined Oct 2, 2012
thanks.

I'm having trouble finding this connector on the retail market
Apparently there are a about twelve dozen gozillion similar connectors out there each with differing geometries.

How to tell what one has? There was no so much as a single sheet of paper with any information of any sort accompanying the shipment of the panels.

I'm planning on running them by running a low voltage DC through a thermostat which will turn the power on and off to a pair of SSRs which will handle the higher voltage powering the panels.

I'd much prefer not to have to cut off the current installed connectors but I've failed at finding their mates on the market.

Is there a resource that can help me identify the connector?

Cliff987

Joined Oct 2, 2012
I did hook them up the cheesy way ( jamming wires into the connectors). They operated nicely producing an awful lot of heat and didn't pop the overload protector switch that I use to power my 5HP air compressor.

I took my meter to them to see what they draw.
One running alone drew 2.31 amps connecting them together they drew 4.7 amps. This while putting out a rather large amount of radiant energy.

I'm starting to be a believer in Far Infra Red heating panels.
Hiistorically electrical heat was the most inefficient and expensive you could get. But I'm told that this was because they were being used to heat air and that was the problem. Now with Far Infra red the heaters don't mess with the air as the only thing that they energize, instead they heat the things in the room and those things are heat sinks that re-radiate energy as heat into everything else.

Anyway I'm still looking for the right connector.