infrared light up screen

ersandeep2

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Dear all
i am using infrared led with 1550nm i want to make a pin point focus of this led light so i want to view this point on a paper material please anyone can help to find such type material. as i know there is a phosphor screen which shows the x-ray radiation on it thus we can center the x-ray gen tube in same way i want to get a screen for infrared light.

please help me...!!!!!!

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Assuming your IR LEDs produce heat, you may find some help by googling thermochromism and heat sensitive color change. There are all sorts of materials that change color based on their surface temperature.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
back in the 70's when I workede at NCR there were cards that glowed when exposed to infrared we used in one of our tests. Sorry , its too long ago to remember the brand on the cards.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
back in the 70's when I workede at NCR there were cards that glowed when exposed to infrared we used in one of our tests. Sorry , its too long ago to remember the brand on the cards.
They were GE Telltale cards, a phosphor screen laminated on a folding card that glowed red when hit by an IR LED. You charged it by holding it under a florescent light before use. I still have mine somewhere but use the phone camera now.