Information needed for the construction of my circuits

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by salvo1, Dec 6, 2010.

1. salvo1

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to charge a PP3 9VOLT, 2AAA, 2AA, 2C AND 2D batteries. So I will have 5 separate circuits using the LM337T negative regulator IC CHIPS,RESISTORS, POTS AND CAPACITORS. All of the batteries to be charged are all held in their own battery box holders and they will be charged from the car battery while on the move. Input voltage up to 15 VOLTS max and outout voltages should be: 9.5 VOLTS for the 9V PP3 battery and 3.5VOLTS or there about for the others.

QUESTION: Could you tell me which resistor/capacitor values do I use to consrtuct these 5 individual circuits?
    Do you have a wiring diagram/construction diagram please?
  2. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    I think your better off buying a home battery charger that runs on 12VDC and work with that, You will have more accurate charging methods for each battery chemistry and even smart charging circuitry built in.

3. mtripoli

Feb 9, 2010
    BUMP what iONic said...

From the start you are a little off the mark. The LM337 is a negative voltage regulator, but a battery is a "positive" device. If you apply a negative voltage to a battery you better be behind bullet proof glass when you do it.

The device you want is an LM317 (the positive version). The circuits you may have seen using an LM317 are usually for a lead-acid battery chemistry. These are more "forgiving" of small changes in charging. Charging the batteries you mention require more than what a simple LM317 circuit can provide. If you really want to proceed with this check out devices made for the application from MAXIM and others.

HOWEVER, again, don't tackle this yourself; buy one that does the job.

Mike T.