Info on a BS250 P Channel MosFET TO-92

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
Could anyone tell me if a BS250 P-CHANNEL ENHANCEMENT MODE VERTICAL DMOS FET Transistor is normally open or closed , I have ordered some and I thought the Enhanced mode is normally closed , but not sure now and when I look at the data sheet I do not know were it says either way .
I am wanting a normally closed mosfet ! , I think this is the type I ordered .

http://www.diodes.com/_files/datasheets/BS250P.pdf

cheers

spike

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I am not sure what you mkean by "normally closed".

This part is off when there is less 1 volt between the gate and source (negative on the gate). It starts to turn on when more than 3.5 volts is applied between the gate and source (negative on the gate).

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi
Could anyone tell me if a BS250 P-CHANNEL ENHANCEMENT MODE VERTICAL DMOS FET Transistor is normally open or closed , I have ordered some and I thought the Enhanced mode is normally closed , but not sure now and when I look at the data sheet I do not know were it says either way .
I am wanting a normally closed mosfet ! , I think this is the type I ordered .

http://www.diodes.com/_files/datasheets/BS250P.pdf

cheers

spike
Enhancement mode need to be enhanced (by voltage applied to the gate) to make the channel conduct current.

Depletion mode conduct as much as they're going to with no potential applied to the gate. Depletion MOSFETs are usually RF types - most depletion types are JFETS. The gate is just a PN junction, a reverse bias on that junction causes the depletion region to expand into the channel and strangle the current flow.

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
I am not sure what you mkean by "normally closed".

This part is off when there is less 1 volt between the gate and source (negative on the gate). It starts to turn on when more than 3.5 volts is applied between the gate and source (negative on the gate).
Hi

Sorry I meant "normally on " .

spike