Inductor Coil To Transmit Music

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Paul81, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Paul81

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    If I understand this correctly - an inductor coil just can't a inductor by it self, right? Say for example I have a 9 volt battery! In order to pump higher voltage - I would use a OP AMP - right? But in order to use it as a frequency I would have to use a capacitor along with the inductor, right? If I place a resistor then the resistor just filters out some of the frequency?

Am I understanding this whole inductor basis correctly? Say if I connect the a headphone jack to the op amp then op amp to the inductor coil - this will transmit electromagnet energy, yes?

I just want to ensure that I understand this fully.
  2. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    Don't understand what you need. :confused: Are you trying to increase the DC voltage from a 9V battery or the audio voltage to your headphones? You would use an inductor for the former but not the latter.
  3. BReeves

Nov 24, 2012
    Interesting experiment, did it when I was in the 9th grade.

Take an old radio, remove the case, unsolder the speaker wires. Run a wire loop around your room and tie the ends to the two wires you removed from the radio's speaker. Grab an older telephone and remove the earpiece. It must be an old phone with a coil/magnet earpiece.

Turn on the radio, you should be able to stand in the middle of the room and hear the radio through the earpiece with nothing connected to it. It will be a very low volume but with good young ears you should be able to hear it.

Now you have successfully preformed your first induction coil experiment. You can build on it to make it better using more turn of wire around the room and a preamp with better pickup coil for the earpiece.

4. Paul81

Dec 19, 2012
    Yeah exactly! There's a device by Digital Dowsing - it has a 3.5mm plug and inside the casing there were to inductor coils to convert the audio from audio player into electromagnetic energy!

So, what I was initially thinking well, take a elecret microphone and do the same as I would with a microphone to speaker system but instead replace the speaker with the inductor coils!

So, yup you hit it right on the head! :)
  5. Paul81

Dec 19, 2012
    I did an experiment and I wanted to see if the headphone plug that was stripped away could power a led. After I noticed it didn't the led - I hooked up my new multimeter and noticed it was only giving out a half of volt. This one inventor of the Energy Speaker must of had something to amplify the voltage to generate over 20 milligauss on the KII Meter.