Inductive Proximity Sensor With Linear Actuator

Magnanimous96

Joined Feb 16, 2016
hello? hi , i am alyn and i am a student. I just want to ask something about my final year project , could you guys help me about the circuit? My project is about separating metal and non metal object on the mini conveyor with counter. So I just want to use IR sensor on the beginning on the conveyor as my switch to ON the dc motor, then I use inductive proximity sensor to detect the object is metal or non metal . If the object is metal, the sensor as the switch to the small linear actuator and the linear actuator push the metal object from the conveyor.Thus, on the same spot, I also put another IR sensor and connect with the counter to count the object that pass it.
Do you guys think this kind of circuit can be used ?

and 1 more think, how can I connect the inductive sensor with the actuator ? i have no any of experience in this kind of connecting sensor in a circuit . Please help me T.T. Just give any suggestion on this, its just a mini prototype of project .

Attachments

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
hello? hi , i am alyn and i am a student. I just want to ask something about my final year project , could you guys help me about the circuit? My project is about separating metal and non metal object on the mini conveyor with counter. So I just want to use IR sensor on the beginning on the conveyor as my switch to ON the dc motor, then I use inductive proximity sensor to detect the object is metal or non metal . If the object is metal, the sensor as the switch to the small linear actuator and the linear actuator push the metal object from the conveyor.Thus, on the same spot, I also put another IR sensor and connect with the counter to count the object that pass it.
Do you guys think this kind of circuit can be used ?

and 1 more think, how can I connect the inductive sensor with the actuator ? i have no any of experience in this kind of connecting sensor in a circuit . Please help me T.T. Just give any suggestion on this, its just a mini prototype of project .
You say you're a student. Are you graduating from highschool, or some other technical career? This is so as to know your level of expertise on these issues and then help you accordingly. And one last thing, where are you located?

Magnanimous96

Joined Feb 16, 2016
You say you're a student. Are you graduating from highschool, or some other technical career? This is so as to know your level of expertise on these issues and then help you accordingly. And one last thing, where are you located?
I'm from normal graduate high school and i have no basic knowledge about sensor and circuit . And i'm from Malaysia . i'm really grateful if you would help and guide me in my final year project.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I suggest you start by studying the datasheets for the components you plan to use (sensor, actuator etc). Then you can think about the circuits you will need to interconnect them plus any safety features.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ok, let's start with the hardware before we dip into the electronics.

Are you going to build the entire mechanical system yourself? Or are you going to buy those components and assemble them?
How about the conveyor, the actuator (which could be a pneumatic piston, for instance) and the dc motor? Do you already have them with you, already assembled into the kind of mechanism you want to use for your project?

Another question, are the pieces of metal that you wish to separate of a uniform size and shape?