induction melting training

antony.prathiban

Joined May 14, 2008
I am working on induction melting and casting.
Is there any possibility to get the real time(practical training) from the experienced people by any means.awaiting for your repy...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Forums are neither real-time nor practical (in the physical sense of the word).

If you have questions, people will be sure to add their input.

Dave

antony.prathiban

Joined May 14, 2008
Respectable administrator,
kindly apologise me .i have got so many technical clarifications from the senior members through this forum earlier.so please dont mistake me.i am so grateful to this forum.

actually, i am working to develop an induction melting furnace.
regarding this i have read so much theory.thats why i just wanted to know that, is there any possibility to get the practical training anywhere.
my request was to get such information and guidance from the senior people.honestly there is no other intention for me.

so, if i am violating any rules of the forum,i am extremely sorry.

with regards,
s.p.antony.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I can tell you from experience several of the ways not to do it. ;)

What I learned was "more is better" when looking at how much power to use. Three or four kilowatts is the absolute minimum for consistent small scale melting experimentation.

Insulation is also vital. Wrap some Inswool or Kaowool around your crucible and your coil. Use a lid for your crucible. At the low power levels used by small scale experiments, it is critical to keep in any heat generated.

Use a frequency high enough to yield a reference depth of not more than 1/4 the crucible inner diameter.

If at all possible, include a bit of pipe in the charge to be melted. Ideally, the pipe should just fit loosely in the crucible.