Induction loop soldered to balanced stereo jack

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Mopska, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Mopska

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    hello

i'm making an induction loop as a VLF recording device and wanted some advice on where to solder the cores into the jack plug. due to the nature of the design i am connecting the cores in series to increase the turns. this will then be soldered into a balanced stereo jack plug.

in the picture you can see where the 8 cores have been twisted in series to condense down to 4 soldering points inside the jack..

i know normally that there would be 3 soldering points one for hot one for cold and one for ground so i was wondering where my 4th core would be soldered too. I have been trying different search terms in google and youtube to try and get some knowledge on where it should go but i think my inexperience isn't helping me for search terms and general knowledge on where to go for things like this.. i was hoping i had come to the right place.

if anyone could please help or point me in the right direction it would be much obliged.

thankyou.

2. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Please clarify what's on the other end of your four cores (conductors), or is it only the cable itself?
    What is the source of the very low frequency ?

3. Mopska

Nov 13, 2013
    just the copper wire coiled. the pic is its termination. the jack will plug into my recorder

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. Mopska

Nov 13, 2013
    yes only cable itself.

5. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    If you have two loops of wire in series, then the two wires that connect to one-another (one from each loop of wire) only connect to each other and do not need to be brought into the connector's shell. The two remaining conductors connect to the output of your amplifier.

No really sure whether by "core" you mean conductor in a cable or something else.

A picture would make this a lot more clear to us.

6. Mopska

Nov 13, 2013
    thanks dick its all sorted as of earlier this week. your right.

thanks everyone