Increasing DC voltage for use.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Colorado Seeker, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Colorado Seeker

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I have been trying to duplicate Nicola Tesla's work of extracting power from the air. Using some instructions I received on a disc I put together a collector. I have a four foot by four foot steel plate buried four feet deep for my ground. I raised a 2 foot by 4 foot aluminum plate 36 feet in the air on a wooden pool connected by a copper wire. I achieved a maximum of 22.3 volts dc and 1/10 th of an amp. To get these results I built a small circuit of 4 capacitors 2- 100 uf 50 v can type and 2-22 uk 10 D ceramic capacitors, and read the volts and amps after the circuit. There are 4 resistors. I have seen many devices on the internet but none really help show how to make this into a useful system. My question is it possible to take what I am getting and boost it to a usable voltage and amp to drive a moter and thus a generator?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Right now you have 2.23 watts and that is the crux of the matter. You can change the volts to "higher" but the amps will be proportionately "lower". Watts Law, you know. Can't make something from nothing.

The only answer I can see is a bigger collector or a higher altitude. When you get enough watts to do the job, converting it to the right voltage is achievable.

3. vpoko

Jan 5, 2012
    Or several identical systems in series. I think you've stumbled upon why more of our electricity doesn't come from this method.

4. vk6zgo

Jul 21, 2012
    By the time Tesla started playing with this sort of stuff,his best years were behind him,& he was pretty much "round the bend",so even the genuine material that can be traced back to him is a bit suspect.
    A lot of the "information" pushed by the "Tesla cults" is made up mainly of wishful thinking & conspiracy theories.
    You are not going to achieve any usable power levels using these ideas.

5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    well sounds like the top part would then have to connect to another plate in the ground, which would short it out.

To be honest, I am very surprised that you got any power out of it. 2.23W isn't that miniscule in the grand scheme. That's enough to power a whole pallet full of wristwatches.

Does it put out the same power all the time, day, night, inclement weather, etc?