Increase wattage in a room

Math0

Joined Mar 13, 2014
Hey guys! I am very limited by my knowledge in electricity... I am a homebrewer and I try to convert to an electric system. To do so, I need to plug 2-3 1800watts heater (110V) and I would like to add an induction system also. I understand it is impossible to have all that at the same time plugged in the same room.

How could I get all this to work in the same circuit/room (easiest way possible). Could I buy something to make it happen or..?

Thank you very much!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hey guys! I am very limited by my knowledge in electricity... I am a homebrewer and I try to convert to an electric system. To do so, I need to plug 2-3 1800watts heater (110V) and I would like to add an induction system also. I understand it is impossible to have all that at the same time plugged in the same room.

How could I get all this to work in the same circuit/room (easiest way possible). Could I buy something to make it happen or..?

Thank you very much!
You call an electrician. Spend a little money and avoid burning down your house and possibly killing yourself and others.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
You shouldn't have stated this:

"I am very limited by my knowledge in electricity...".:D

It's not that hard to do, but in your case......hire an electrician.;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I really would like to do it myself.. It's a learning experience haha! Is it hard to do?
Messing with house wiring is no place to learn unless you are under the direction of a qualified person.

And risking your life and the lives of others isn't anything to laugh about.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I really would like to do it myself.. It's a learning experience haha! Is it hard to do?
I don't blame you for that.
That's how I learned almost everything in life.

Jump in, but make sure you have several, very knowledgeable people; to check and double check, what you're doing.

OJT......is something you'll never forget.

"OJT"=On the Job Training.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You shouldn't have stated this:

"I am very limited by my knowledge in electricity...".:D

It's not that hard to do, but in your case......hire an electrician.;)
I don't blame you for that.
That's how I learned almost everything in life.

Jump in, but make sure you have several, very knowledgeable people; to check and double check, what you're doing.

OJT......is something you'll never forget.

"OJT"=On the Job Training.
I'm confused.:confused:

Your first bit of advice was much better.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You're going to need at least (4) 20 amp breakers.
You can try, "monkey see, monkey do" trying to imitate what you see that others have done before you, but the opportunities for a mistake are many and the penalty for a mistake can be fatal. This is no beginners project.