Inappropriate tools

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
In Volume VI - Experiments >> Introduction
Setting up a home lab

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_6/chpt_1/2.html

There are photographs for some most inappropriate tools for the hobbyist.

Three essential tools would be

1) small needle nose pliers
2) small side cutters
3) wire stripper

add to that

set of small flat and Philips screw drivers.

The slip-joint pliers and adjustable-joint pliers are for pulling teeth from a bull. Way too big for the electronics hobbyist.

Along with the large utility knife, a small XACTO knife would also be more useful.

I had one of those hand drills when I was a kid, now obsolete. Get a power drill.

Wire wrap wire is great but wire-wrapping is hardly used except for wire-wrapping. This wire wrap tool is more appropriate:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Good suggestions.

Someone should review that chapter and update the photos.

What is the process/procedure for doing this?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Dcrunkilton is the editor of the e-book. However, he generally does not write chapters other than basic corrections.

This is why we have a separate forum for our writers, though I tend to put my submissions out here for public viewing.

This year I have not been the help I have in the past for Dennis, which I do regret. It has been an emotional coaster type of year for me, though I did create a thread where we can put in basic corrections for Dennis to make.

Jrap then has to update the AAC version of the book, which can occasionally be problematic, though it does seem to happen in the end.

So the short answer is, rewrite the article to correct what you think is off, then submit it to Dennis.