In search of a Rheostat/Potentiometer.

Scott_David

Joined Jun 17, 2010
Hey everyone.

About 8 months ago you guys helped me with a PCB i was working on. I have another challenge involving a Vestax pmc-15 mk2 mixer. I have what I believe is a rheostat/potentiometer(used as the mid level equalizer) that is used on a DJ mixer that has a short(constant solid tone from 25% above).

I pinpointed to the knob itself becuase it is the only mechanical part, its used the most, and I swapped the faulty channel of the mixer to a known good output of the internals and the problem persisted with that channel. I diagnosed it to the best of my knowledge of knowing basic electronic diag.

Here is a picture of the part I need. At the 12 o clock position the knob has a notch/dimple so you know its at 12 o clock exactly(0%).

I would really appreciate any info on where I could find a resource or mixer parts or this actual part. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
Excluding the physical characteristics, you'll need to know the total resistance of the pot, whether it is a linear, audio, or reverse audio taper. You'll need to know its wattage rating but from the looks of it this won't be critical.
There are literally 10's of thousands of pots out there. The more data you have about the suspect pot the better your chances of finding the right replacement.

Scott_David

Joined Jun 17, 2010
Thank you. I suspected as much. I am in search of a pcb schematic of the mixer. I found one for my own but this one is hidden deep in cyberspace. :) I will update this when I find parts, fix it, or move on from it. :)