In need of help.

Old Timer

Joined Jul 19, 2014
I have an ice maker that has a problem.
The circuit board is mega $s.
The problem is: The water solenoid is energized for an excessively long time.
What I need is to open the circuit to the water solenoid for say 15 seconds after the circulating pump is energized. (115 VAC)
I would like to install a plug in relay to eleminate this problem.
I just do not know where to get a relay that has Normally Closed contacts that has timed to open after energizing the coil.
Any help is most appreciated.

Old Timer

Joined Jul 19, 2014
INWO you are on correct. The ice maker has an internal circuit board that normally would energize the solenoid to fill the resevior then turn off after say 10-15 seconds.
The pump then pumps the water over a chiling cubicle. That part of the circuit that turns the solenoid off is not working and the water runs continously which creats a problem. Matter of fact it flooded the area when the condensate pump died this weekend. That is when I discovered the water water was running continously.
The size you show is what I am looking for, as I have the 8 pin bases.
I too have a dozen of the 8 pin relays, but no timers that work. I have a similar timer to the one you posted a link to but is requires a + - input. I connected a 5VDC supply to it, but it is dead and has two 14 pin IC's that have no numbers.
Make a check and let me know if the supply for that relay is 115 VAC. The print on the side indicated that it does work on 115ac.
I appreciate your post as you have gotten me on track with your pictures and link. I book marked the link, but USED? I have three that are dead, might not be a good idea to buy used in this item.

Last edited:

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Yes, mine are 120vac/dc and new.

I would make an ebay listing if it would help you out.

The way they work:

120vac to pin 2 and 7 transfers contacts immediately.
After time period contacts release and stay released until next power cycle.