Impulse Voltage RC Divider

IALinst

Joined Aug 19, 2010
Hey everyone
i need help plz

i am trying to divide 1000 V so at the end i have about 3 V , the problem is , it should work perfectly when the Impulse of 1000 V comes . but what i have ist that when the Pulse comes the line of divided Voltage ( 3 V) fluctuates , i used RC voltage divider but i still have problems with this actually i wasn't able to set the capacitors in the right positions i think or it is the Value ?? i have used 1 nF ( 500 V) capacitors, does anyone please have an optimal circuit or something like this that might help me ?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Can you post your circuit? A voltage divider should not be a problem, per se, but filtering the output will present problems.

You must be aware that the voltage you are working with is dangerous. What is the application of the voltage divider? Are you trying to digitize the proportional signal?

Can you show exactly what circuit and components you used to divide the impulse down to 3V?

What exactly do you mean by fluctuate? that the output of the divider doesn't exactly follow the input impulse? that is expected when you create a divider containing an RC filter configuration.

Can you post a picture of the Impulse and the response?

IALinst

Joined Aug 19, 2010
hey

thanks for reply ,
actually i meant that the output of the divider doesn't exactly follow the input impulse exactly , and pictures of signals i will try to get them as soon as possible ,

i think the values arn´t clear anough , R = 1 Mohm x5 , C=0,5 nF x5 and the last R = 7,5 Kohm and the C = 1n F

i am trying digitize the proportional signal between E and C on IGBT module

i am waiting for help

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When you are measuring pulses, the capacitors will pass the pulses faster as the resistor.
That is why you get rather high pulses at the output.

Bertus

PS the schematic is unclear, to small.