implementing clock recovery signal from BPRZ signal

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by f@ryal, Jul 20, 2011.

1. f@ryal

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Im trying to implement a recovery clock signal from a bi-polar return to zero signal.................for that purpose im using three comparators............the first one is LM108 which simply gives a high output when non-inverting input is higher than inverting one................................LAter on , 2 other comparators are used in a cascaded ORING configration ..............The resultant or the ORRED output from these two should be a clock signal as per my knowledge.......but im getting simply a high signal.......1,1,1,1,1 so on

Can anybody suggest me any changes needed in my circuit.can anybody explain me wat actually be the final output look like...............im so confused over it

Im trying to do its simulation at circuit maker,.....can anybody suggest me what siurce is available in its library to generate a BPRZ signal

Thanks

2. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    It will help if you post a schematic please !

3. f@ryal

Jul 13, 2011
    i have uploaded the schematic for my design of clock recovery with the name of UNTITLED..image............plz chk it......is this circuit correct for implementing clock recovery

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Here is a simple clock recovery circuit:
    [​IMG]

5. cartmenwu

Apr 23, 2008
  6. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    You could rectify the input voltage with two opamps. The circuit in the picture does not consider any DC-Offset that might exist at the input nor voltage levels etc. Depending on the input/output voltage you have/want, you may need to adapt it with additional TTL/CMOS or CMOS/TTL converters.

It may also show some unexpected behaviour with high frequencies...:)

• rect.JPG
      rect.JPG
      File size:
      138.5 KB
      Views:
  7. neverfail

Jul 26, 2011
    where can it be found?

8. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    Is this the same subject from your thread "implementing clock recovery signal from BPRZ signal" ?

If yes, please stay in ONE thread, no point in having multiple threads open on the same problem.

What about the circuit in post #6 ? Doesn't simple rectification of your signal do what you want?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I merged the threads.
    The posts are in time line apearance.

Bertus

10. f@ryal

Jul 13, 2011
    yes its working.thanks