Impedance Z caculation

DreamCatch16

Joined Feb 10, 2014
Hi,

If we have the voltage V = A sin(ωt) and the current I = B sin(ωt+θ)
How to calculate the impedance Z? (Real and imaginary parts)

Thank you for your help.

DreamCatch16

Joined Feb 10, 2014
OK but how to express V/I as a complex number from where we derive the real and imaginary parts of the impedance

Thank you for your reply ;)

DreamCatch16

Joined Feb 10, 2014
Thank you t_n_k for your reply

now is clear that using euler formula we can deduce that the magnitude of |Z|= A / B
and the phase is simply θ which is the pahse differemce between the voltage and the current

:D

for the DFT I want to make samplings of both the current and voltage using a microcontroller and I read that by the DFT I can calculate the impedance but I didn't find a reference where they explain clearly how is it done.

Thank you for your help :)

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
for the DFT I want to make samplings of both the current and voltage using a microcontroller and I read that by the DFT I can calculate the impedance but I didn't find a reference where they explain clearly how is it done.
This statement seems self contradictory. You have "read" that it's done by using DFT but can't find any reference to how it's done. Where did you read the claim in the first place?

Presumably you want to excite some system with a source [voltage] waveform having a multi-frequency distribution. You would sample / capture the [current] response and infer the complex impedance at each available spectral frequency, by applying the discrete fourier transform to the sampled source and response waveforms.
One could then plot the impedance as a function of excitation frequency. Is this what you mean?