Images should be mirrored

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by readlearnpeace, Apr 6, 2011.

1. readlearnpeace

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    The images are distracting as binary sequence least significant bits are on the right, but the register sequence has shown them to be on the right, though this might work electronically, for a student to understand it and reverse the sequence of outputs is difficult. Simply mirroring the images would make it correct.

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Are you referring to a particular article?

Dave

3. readlearnpeace

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 6, 2011
  4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I will disagree. You are dealing with two separate conventions here. One is very simple, binary numbers. With numbers the least significant digit (LSD) is always on the right, MSD on the left, be it binary or decimal. The rules for numbers are quite rigid in this regard, else how will you know which side is which?

With circuits there is a different convention in play. Inputs are on the left (which is the LSD in binary counter, MSD on the right), be it digital or analog. Since the circuit defines LSD to MSD the number convention does not apply.

Both conventions are the norm, so you are going to have to get used to it IMO.

5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I couldn't have put it better than Bill has. As a learning resource I think it is right that the information provided at AAC accurately reflects the conventions in use in academia and practice, irrespective of how quirky they may appear.

Dave