I'm very lost in choosing

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I'm tired of choosing schools in our area because almost every high schools in our area are filled by my old classmates and that cause me to be embarrass to enter that school because they may tease me that I stopped.:rolleyes:
I think I'm going to homeschool but I don't like because there is no fun and social activity there and my mommy told me that DepEd told her that I should not homeschooled because they dont honor it as like formal school!! :D

Someone help me, please?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Nobody will be able to help you make a choice, you are the only one who can decide. If you let people bully you or if you keep trying to "hide" from reality, you will never get anywhere in life, what others say about you should not be a deciding factor on how you live, if anything it should be something you need to overcome and just prove to YOURSELF that you can do this no matter what others may say or think about you....

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
On the first day of school.. Find the biggest kid and knock him out when he is not looking.. Problem solved.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
There will probably be hundreds of pupils and apart from in lessons you get to pick who to hang around with. They won't get away with much in lessons.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Find a teacher to be your mentor/protector. I have "watched the back" of many an "awkward" kid that felt they didn't fit in and I guarantee that no one bothered them if they were one of mine. I would think that your school would have a similar setup and it's a lot easier and more powerful than going through administrative channels regarding bullying. I guess you could claim I'm the biggest bully in my school when it comes to protecting my students.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Find a teacher to be your mentor/protector. I have "watched the back" of many an "awkward" kid that felt they didn't fit in and I guarantee that no one bothered them if they were one of mine. I would think that your school would have a similar setup and it's a lot easier and more powerful than going through administrative channels regarding bullying. I guess you could claim I'm the biggest bully in my school when it comes to protecting my students.
What about after school? or somewhere else for that matter? How would a "mentor" protect the student then? The only way anyone can survive in this world is to learn to stand on your own 2 feet, you can not rely on someone else to do it for you, because there will be times when that person won't be there to stand up for someone else. And he goes to school in the Philippines, much different than where you are from (I know, I grew up and went to school in the Philippines. Although I was born in the states.)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There will probably be hundreds of pupils and apart from in lessons you get to pick who to hang around with. They won't get away with much in lessons.
Also you will find like minded people with interests of your own. Typically in HS you break into cliques or gangs. AV nerds, Jocks/rich kids, poor kids, goth kids, Band kids, Drama Kids, sports, etc.. When you join these clubs or interest groups you will find friends that will be with you and the picking on people and bullying goes down in HS I found. Elementary and Middle school were brutal. But HS wasn't nearly as bad. People had grown up a bit. Not to say there were no fights or no one picked on anyone but it wasn't severe.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
What about after school? or somewhere else for that matter? How would a "mentor" protect the student then? The only way anyone can survive in this world is to learn to stand on your own 2 feet, you can not rely on someone else to do it for you, because there will be times when that person won't be there to stand up for someone else. And he goes to school in the Philippines, much different than where you are from (I know, I grew up and went to school in the Philippines. Although I was born in the states.)
I agree with some of your saying BMorse but school has changes so much over a 10 year period when I went back and looked at my "HS I didn't even recognize it. I don't know your age but your experience level leads me to believe your experience in the Philli school system was a while back. Like mine.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I had major problems in high school. Everyone messed with me. When the counselor talked to me, she said "his only problem is he is much more mature than others his age". While that might have been a compliment, it didn't stop people from messing with me. LOL.

Anyway I learned to deal with it. When you get to university you will see that its very different. I am probably against home schooling myself. All those years of being messed with in high school have made me much stronger and street wise so to speak.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
i myself dont like hom e school but i am a demanding kid you know .. i became a demandin g kid since 2009 when i stopped (grade 6 ).... i became boastful to myself like saying ... oooo it's easy and everything i can do it i will be like etc etc etc....

though im not getting frustrated if i dont get what i expected.

but anyway kids in us are lucky because they are close to their teachers.. i mean they can ask teachers even not in that subject class, go to lab, have many good subjects etc.. sadly they are too liberat ed in everything (im not saying all but mo st)

OOOOO!, im really am demanding kid thinking i am going to pass many subj ects.

sadly for ph, we now have k12!!! but i want go experimen t to lab!!! (O_O

EDIT; Now i understand i know a very very very very litttle of every thing! i can't always be like th at........

the main part is that i am unable to go to a schooooool because when i eat, i am a clumsy. i eat the same meal. also have inferiority compl ex o.o

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
but anyway kids in us are lucky because they are close to their teachers.. i mean they can ask teachers even not in that subject class, go to lab, have many good subjects etc.. sadly they are too liberat ed in everything (im not saying all but mo st)
US schools aren't that great bro. We have school shootings now on regular basis's, we had one kid in Jacksonville jump out the back of a bus and commit suicide over bullying. Kids here are taking the punch the bully in the face way to seriously and using a 30-06. Also as far as Teachers being close to the students thats a myth in HS. Unless your in all AP classes your teachers don't give jack s$#$. They sit and collect their checks. We've cut their salary and overloaded the classrooms so much they basically split the kids into 3 groups. Boom boom (Which is where the trouble makers and mentally challenged students went) Normal classes where normal kids went, then AP where honors and Advanced Placement kids went. And it goes subject by subject. I was in like all AP courses but English. I hated reading fiction. I can sit and read a datasheet for days, but give me old man and the sea and I'm thinking about robot battles 2 minutes later.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
US schools aren't that great bro. We have school shootings now on regular basis's, we had one kid in Jacksonville jump out the back of a bus and commit suicide over bullying. Kids here are taking the punch the bully in the face way to seriously and using a 30-06. Also as far as Teachers being close to the students thats a myth in HS. Unless your in all AP classes your teachers don't give jack s$#$. They sit and collect their checks. We've cut their salary and overloaded the classrooms so much they basically split the kids into 3 groups. Boom boom (Which is where the trouble makers and mentally challenged students went) Normal classes where normal kids went, then AP where honors and Advanced Placement kids went. And it goes subject by subject. I was in like all AP courses but English. I hated reading fiction. I can sit and read a datasheet for days, but give me old man and the sea and I'm thinking about robot battles 2 minutes later.
This is NOT how it is in my school or other small rural schools. We are k -12 with about 650 students total. We are close to our students in part because we have them for multiple years (usually 4) and sponsor/ coach their afterschool activities. My former students stay in contact with me for decades. I got a sympathy card when beenthere died from a student I hadn't seen for 8 years that lived over 1000 miles away. At graduation this year I was thanked by all the graduates, even students I hadn't had in class. We have parents who pay out of district tuition so their kids can go to our smaller school instead of the nearby city school. Not all US schools are like mine, but we do exist! I don't teach for the salary or work hours or prestige--I teach because I know I make a difference in kids lives and futures.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Don't ever move to the city. My sisters a teacher and some of the crap she has to put up with is amazing. Usually 1 teacher for 50 students. She decided she's not gonna do it anymore its just getting to dangerous. Shes was actually assaulted twice last year. Also you have kids paying tuition which basically makes your school a private school. They don't have the same issues. We have schools like that here in the city. I went to Berkley for a while, half the kids got rides to school in limo's with foreign flags on the hoods. Oh and these weren't run of the mill Caddy limo's they were all Mercedes Limo's.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Don't ever move to the city. My sisters a teacher and some of the crap she has to put up with is amazing. Usually 1 teacher for 50 students. She decided she's not gonna do it anymore its just getting to dangerous. Shes was actually assaulted twice last year. Also you have kids paying tuition which basically makes your school a private school. They don't have the same issues. We have schools like that here in the city. I went to Berkley for a while, half the kids got rides to school in limo's with foreign flags on the hoods. Oh and these weren't run of the mill Caddy limo's they were all Mercedes Limo's.
Most of our students are farm kids or their parents are blue collar workers. We have a large Russian (Muldavia) minority with a strong work ethic. We have very few wealthy students-no limos but lots of beatup Chevy pickups! I drive an "exotic" car-a 97 subaru outback.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Most of our students are farm kids or their parents are blue collar workers. We have a large Russian (Muldavia) minority with a strong work ethic. We have very few wealthy students-no limos but lots of beatup Chevy pickups! I drive an "exotic" car-a 97 subaru outback.
Yah you don't have the gang activity and drug issues inner city schools have. I'd send my kid to a private or as you say rural school.