I'm martian, really, supported by science

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The key word is may have started. The evidence is pretty weak.

I'm more interested if there ever was life on Mars (or still is) myself.

capacapa

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yes I agree, that's why I added possibly, since earth was bombarded with many meteorites over millions of years, the chances are high that life might came from planets other than mars, if not formed on here.

I remember many months ago, I read that they were going to tell us some big findings on Mars from Curiosity, but then time passed and nothing was said. I was thinking maybe they found traces of simpler life at least.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Your title seems to suggest it was a sure-fire thing.

The data from Curiosity was that its, mission is already a success; Mars may have been able to support life at one point. People hyped it into some huge announcement that they found microbes, so NASA attempted to downplay the news.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The number of things that had to be true for life to exist here amazes me. Consider the idea that without a molten core, we wouldn't have a magnetic shield to keep our atmosphere from blowing away! A planet the right size and the right distance from a star is only the beginning.

capacapa

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The number of things that had to be true for life to exist here amazes me. Consider the idea that without a molten core, we wouldn't have a magnetic shield to keep our atmosphere from blowing away! A planet the right size and the right distance from a star is only the beginning.
It is mind boggling as they say.
but consider there are billions of planets out there and 4.5 billions years past on this earth, that's a lot of possibilities and chances for the right scenario to happen. and if we were an organic material that formed on the wrong planet, we wouldn't know it anyway.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You can't talk about Wal-mart like that.:mad:
People that make allegations are alligators!

Just kidding.:D
It was an excuse to bring in a word play joke.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012

And according to some scientists, we are overdue for a pole switch.

That will wake people up, will it not?:D