I'm going to build a long-life single LED flasher, can you verify my part list?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The reason I ask is I still think that part is backwards, transistors don't always follow rules as to package layouts, but it is the way to bet. The part number will be written on the flat side, I usually have to use a large magnifying glass to see it.

If you turn that transistor around (Q1) where it is oriented correctly to the drawing does it still work?

If it is pointed the wrong way it will make a difference in battery life.

judoGTI

Joined May 26, 2005
The reason I ask is I still think that part is backwards, transistors don't always follow rules as to package layouts, but it is the way to bet. The part number will be written on the flat side, I usually have to use a large magnifying glass to see it.

If you turn that transistor around where it is oriented correctly (Q1) does it still work?
I will try it out (the circuit is at home and Im currently acting as a cubicle monkey). But on the back of the transistor the pins were marked with EBC and that is what I used. I'll flip it tonight and report back.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Naw, just put it back the way it was. Seems strange, but I've seen stranger.

Hope it does what you want. You going to solder it together, or leave it as a breadboard?

judoGTI

Joined May 26, 2005
Naw, just put it back the way it was. Seems strange, but I've seen stranger.

Hope it does what you want. You going to solder it together, or leave it as a breadboard?
Yeah Im going to get some breadboard and project cases. I need to make about 7-10 of these for my windows. Just want a little extra visual deterrent for any would-be burglars. Crime is through the roof in Orlando, and there have been a lot of breakins/home invasions in my area. I have an alarm but this will give me a little more piece of mind.

Thanks again for your help!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
They can be a pain in the assets, I credit my dogs with making my house less attractive in my neighborhood. I don't like thieves, not one bit. Neither do they. :D

I also make friends with the dogs in my neighborhood. Cheap insurance.

It is also possible to make a cheap burglar alarm for the house. My bro used his Commodore 64 way back when but putting a switch to the joystick ports. It was basically for his young kids, who like to mischievously sneak out now and and again. PO the apartment manager when she came barging in, found out later she was the one burglarizing the apartments. :rolleyes:

Good luck.