I'm circuit challenged....

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by bigwelsh21, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bigwelsh21

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Im looking to design a multi-recordable sound play back device? kinda detailed is it possible to hire somebody or would someone with 0 circuit and electronic skills be able to figure it out??

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    What do you mean by multi-recordable?

How many KB of memory?

3. bigwelsh21

Mar 3, 2009
    like a remote type thing that played back 3 seperate sounds

4. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    What duration of sound and what degree of fidelity?

5. Oxbo Rene

Feb 20, 2009
    Will it require an audio modulated regeneration resonating frequency transducer, or a Piezo Element ??

6. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Or just a speaker and microphone? Or just input & output connections for whatever is used?

7. bigwelsh21

Mar 3, 2009
    umm..youll have to bare with me fellas im not good with this.. i want like

memory1:when you press the m1 button a fairly loud noise would follow immedietly

memory2:when you press the m2 button lets say the word "run!" would play

thank you guys for the posts any help is greatly appreciated, im very devoted to making this project work just wasnt sure if someone at my level with no skills would be able to make it happen. is it possible to hire some one or is this a simple project?

8. packrat

Feb 25, 2009
    If you don't need to record any new sounds other than those two that you listed, and sound quality is not a major issue, then you could probably pull that off very simply with an Arduino board and some PWM code if you have some experience with C programming.

I worked on a project rather similar to that, but the sound quality and volume weren't too spectacular. With some amplifying speakers however, I got the job done.
    There was also a bit of a delay (about 1 second) between the trigger and the playback. Would this be a problem?

9. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
  10. bigwelsh21

Mar 3, 2009
    the response has to be instant....you guys are genius's that links great helps alot i appreciete everything..

welshbjj20@yahoo.com if anyone can possible give me a price quote on this project..

11. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    bigwelsh21,

Go back and edit out your email address from your last post. Bots scan forums and pick out email address for spam. People can use the forum's Private Mail to contact you.

Ken

12. bigwelsh21

Mar 3, 2009
  13. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    WTH is an
    :confused: