Ikea's meatballs

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)

In the Great War, the Germans suffered terribly from a lack of food, and Ersatz food came about. Started with bread made from rye and potato flour. Some even used sawdust to bulk it up a bit.

Coffee was subsituted with carrots and turnips.

Then meatless meat. Rice was boiled and squashed, and then a bit of wood shoved in to be the 'bone'.

Sounds awful, but they still fought and nearly won a war on it!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Coffee was subsituted with carrots and turnips.

Then meatless meat. Rice was boiled and squashed, and then a bit of wood shoved in to be the 'bone'.

Sounds awful, but they still fought and nearly won a war on it!
I though coffee was cut with pea's. Its become a huge thing in Cuba where they don't even know what pure coffee tastes like cause they've mixed it with peas the past 70 years. I know in the 80;s or 90;s they tried to take the peas out, and hte peasants nearly revolted! I'm sure in wartime they found anything they could though. I know on D-Day one of the major water haulers was contaminated with gas. It was very dilluted but made it undrinkable.

About the germans they were able to eat crap and much less of it because Hitler and most of his army were put on meth. I don't think you guys understand the historical significance of meth trees through out history. Anyways thats how germany biltzed EU and covered 3 x the ground other armys could because hitler was using and distributing meth to all his soldiers. Which would cause you to stay up for days with no problem, eat almost nothing,etc.. Its actually so documented that recently someone discovered the Nazi meth recipe which is made all in one container and makes its as easy as making lemonaide. Its supposed to be much stronger then normal modern meth. Anyone can make it in a 2 litter bottle. And its exploding across the US known as Shake and Bake meth. Where before you had to be the smart kid on the block and buy lots of chemistry equipment and actually do a process that took hours. Now its just Add A+B+C=Meth.. Its just scary cause now 14 year olds are making meth in their bathrooms.

Last edited: