Ignorant voters

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
My favorite paper, new York times, has an article on its front page on cities with the highest rise in murder rates: Baltimore, St. Louis, Las Vegas, Cleveland and Milwaukee.

Regardless of your diagnose for the root causes, you got to feel for the inner city folks.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Most people are tired of being Ruled and want a return of representative government.
Absolutely. Again, as if they were listening to me, my favorite newspaper, nytimes, today has an article titled ""Trump's going to get us killed, ", Trump voter says"

The headline: "Appalachian voters know perfectly well the candidate is dangerous. But they're desperate for change."

If Trump is to lose this election, it is because of himself.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
And the tea party guys are why the GOP has Trump as their candidate.
I'm not so sure of that. Trump is where he is because of one issue - illegal immigration. The majority of Americans are in favor of reducing that, but neither party is. That created a wedge for Trump to insert himself. Without that one issue, I really doubt he'd still be around.

Candidates such as Cruz or Rubio were far more aligned with Tea Party principles. Trump has not shown much interest in reducing the reach of government, the tax and spend philosophy, or protecting personal freedom against the onslaught of statism. These were the primary interests of the Tea Party, catalyzed by passage of the ACA.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Absolutely. Again, as if they were listening to me, my favorite newspaper, nytimes, today has an article titled ""Trump's going to get us killed, ", Trump voter says"

The headline: "Appalachian voters know perfectly well the candidate is dangerous. But they're desperate for change."

If Trump is to lose this election, it is because of himself.
He can't help it. :(
Here is something that might be fun.. Instead of complaining maybe a specific list of what and how to change. No politics is needed just what you think is wrong and what you would do to fix it.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
He can't help it. :(
Here is something that might be fun.. Instead of complaining maybe a specific list of what and how to change. No politics is needed just what you think is wrong and what you would do to fix it.
In politics, it is normally a losing proposition to offer specifics. Why? Because no matter what you say, you are going to piss of half the electorate.

Trump has it extra hard -- the media is squarely in support of HRC. Trump could say "I love babies" and the headline would read "Trump Hates the Elderly".

It's better for a pol to just say "love me because I me, and hate the other guy because he's evil."

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
the media is squarely in support of HRC.
There is no free press in the US. I think this would be one of most important discoveries of this election. Think about the DNC hack in which reports were asking DNC for sign offs on their reporting.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Regardless of your diagnose for the root causes, you got to feel for the inner city folks.
Not really. They can pick up their sh!t and move if they really wanted to. :rolleyes:

I've met people from all over the world who came from places where they had nothing yet somehow managed to make it out and go far away. If they can do it so can anyone else.

Last edited:

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
The whole email scandal isn't terribly scary: by all account, not much in the email - and the fact that most of her work email is unrelated to her job should get voters to ask but that's a different story.

Here is whatsbscary about the email scandal: in her interview with the FBI, she said that many people in the state department knew of her use of personal emails, which is against policy.

By all account, none other than two such employees raised questions and none went through the official channels.

That's tells you how corrupt the entire organization is. People there don't know right from wrong or if they do, they don't have the guts to raise issues, or such a mechanism doesn't exist.

This is not a government of the people, for the people and by the people.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Strawman argument. You can find some newspaper and group of people who have said that about every president we have had yet we are still here.

As far as listening to you, well, Most days I would rather listen to my Ex. :oops:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Most people are tired of being Ruled and want a return of representative government.
When was the last time we had a representative government?

If your for spending more than you have in the account ... vote status quo.
If you want to prove de Tocqueville correct ... vote status quo.

Personally, I don't care how anyone votes.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
So assuming a strong anti-establishment candidate wins? How strong of a leader could they be when they need the cooperation of the very demographic they opposed so strongly! A group of highly powered individuals that cannot simply be fired and can be expected to be uncooperative and confrontational, will be an immense roadblock.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Perhaps we get the politicians we deserve.....
This is the biggest load of diaper filling I have ever heard.
This assumes that no entrenched power structure can ignore the great mass of the population. The French revolution was caused by exactly that. This assumes there can never be tyranny of the few over the many, as was the cause of the American Revolution and preached against by the founders of the American Constitution.

Right now, there is no chance that an armed rebellion can succeed. Shall we vote the tyrants out when the only choice we have is more tyrants?

Tel me how you deserve the candidates of 2016 that I may better understand how you came to deserve them.

TQFP44

Joined Sep 3, 2016
Tel me how you deserve the candidates of 2016 that I may better understand how you came to deserve them.
"perhaps" concider what % of the electorate bother to vote ... USA 57%

How much "voting" was there during the French revolution.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Are you saying you didn't vote, so you deserve what you get?
Or are you failing to respond to the question?

Intelligent, conscientious, and patriotic citizens have been trying to vote this country away from an oligarchy running a police state for all of my life, and it hasn't worked because getting elected is all about the money, and money has corrupted my government to the point where voting is useless. See South Park, Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich. That's all the choice we have left.

Last edited:

TQFP44

Joined Sep 3, 2016
#12 The point I was trying to make (badly) was that there seems to be a certain apathy amongst populations towards voting , well those that can vote , UK manage 60% turnout but the"winner" usually gets in by 1/3 of the votes cast .
I have voted for 52 years.