Ignorant voters

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm voting for Trump. He may be a bit nuts and egotistical but he has a proven track record of knowing how to make and manage money and clearly has no problems with firing incompetent people which are three things our government leadership has proven to be totally ineffective at so far. Probably why he scares teh crap out of the present top government idiots. :p

Clinton should have been locked in a jail cell by now and not on a presidential ballot. Probably why the present top government officials support her. Birds of a feather type thing. :(

That's my thoughts on this.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Are either one of these dangerous?

• Narcisist:
Sociopath

• Hostility: Persistent or frequent angry feelings; anger or irritability in response to minor slights and insults; mean, nasty, or vengeful behavior.
    Manipulativeness: Frequent use of subterfuge to influence or control others; use of seduction, charm, glibness, or ingratiation to achieve one’s ends.
    Deceitfulness: Dishonesty and fraudulence; misrepresentation of self; embellishment or fabrication when relating events.Callousness: Lack of concern for feelings or problems of others; lack of guilt or remorse about the negative or harmful effects of one’s actions on others; aggression; sadism.
Impulsivity: Acting on the spur of the moment in response to immediate stimuli; acting on a momentary basis without a plan or consideration of outcomes; difficulty establishing and following plans.
Irresponsibility: Disregard for—and failure to honor—financial and other obligations or commitments; lack of respect for—and lack of follow through on—agreements and promises.
Risk taking: Engagement in dangerous, risky, and potentially self-damaging activities, unnecessarily and without regard for consequences; boredom proneness and thoughtless initiation of activities to counter boredom; lack of concern for one’s limitations and denial of the reality of personal danger
Identity: Ego-centrism; self-esteem derived from personal gain, power, or pleasure.
Self-direction: Goal-setting based on personal gratification; absence of prosocial internal standards associated with failure to conform to lawful or culturally normative ethical behavior.
Empathy: Lack of concern for feelings, needs, or suffering of others; lack of remorse after hurting or mistreating another.
Intimacy: Incapacity for mutually intimate relationships, as exploitation is a primary means of relating to others, including by deceit and coercion; use of dominance or intimidation to control others.​

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Are either one of these dangerous?

• Narcisist:
Sociopath

• Hostility: Persistent or frequent angry feelings; anger or irritability in response to minor slights and insults; mean, nasty, or vengeful behavior.
    Manipulativeness: Frequent use of subterfuge to influence or control others; use of seduction, charm, glibness, or ingratiation to achieve one’s ends.
    Deceitfulness: Dishonesty and fraudulence; misrepresentation of self; embellishment or fabrication when relating events.Callousness: Lack of concern for feelings or problems of others; lack of guilt or remorse about the negative or harmful effects of one’s actions on others; aggression; sadism.
Impulsivity: Acting on the spur of the moment in response to immediate stimuli; acting on a momentary basis without a plan or consideration of outcomes; difficulty establishing and following plans.
Irresponsibility: Disregard for—and failure to honor—financial and other obligations or commitments; lack of respect for—and lack of follow through on—agreements and promises.
Risk taking: Engagement in dangerous, risky, and potentially self-damaging activities, unnecessarily and without regard for consequences; boredom proneness and thoughtless initiation of activities to counter boredom; lack of concern for one’s limitations and denial of the reality of personal danger
Identity: Ego-centrism; self-esteem derived from personal gain, power, or pleasure.
Self-direction: Goal-setting based on personal gratification; absence of prosocial internal standards associated with failure to conform to lawful or culturally normative ethical behavior.
Empathy: Lack of concern for feelings, needs, or suffering of others; lack of remorse after hurting or mistreating another.
Intimacy: Incapacity for mutually intimate relationships, as exploitation is a primary means of relating to others, including by deceit and coercion; use of dominance or intimidation to control others.​
Wow. You've thoroughly and accurately described both BO and HC in one post. Good job.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Speaking of ignorant voters, I see that the University of Iowa has plans for mass-producing them starting next Spring:

U of Iowa Looking to Create Social Justice Bachelor's Degree

For those who might be inclined to fret about a frivolous waste of Iowa taxpayers' money, fret not:

As of now, the school does not anticipate that the program will require any additional costs, since it will be housed in the Department of Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies, which could help persuade the regents to approve the new program during their Thursday meeting.
The Board of Regents has approved the program, whose graduates are expected to seek jobs in government.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I'm voting for Trump. He may be a bit nuts and egotistical but he has a proven track record of knowing how to make and manage money and clearly has no problems with firing incompetent people which are three things our government leadership has proven to be totally ineffective at so far. Probably why he scares teh crap out of the present top government idiots. :p

Clinton should have been locked in a jail cell by now and not on a presidential ballot. Probably why the present top government officials support her. Birds of a feather type thing. :(

That's my thoughts on this.
Not being US citizen myself it's not my problem (at least that's what I keep telling myself:rolleyes:) but @tcmtech I say you've made the right choice for the right reasons:)! Sry to see US voters stuck in such a quagmire though:(!

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Trump's candidacy is interesting and, together with this election, likely historical for a variety of reasons.

Clinton's support comes from Democrats and establish Republicans. Those people have benefited tremendously from a political system that they help build.

Trump's support can better be described as anti establishment. They are real life repudiation of a corrupt political system that has failed to serve the people. From that perspective, there is a lot of similarity between Trump and Sanders, and even blm.

Regardless of the outcome (personally I think Trump is likely to loss, short of a brexit type surprise), Trump is showing future leaders that there is a huge support base for running against both parties.

If he does loss, Trump is likely to monetize his support into a TV show and a media enterprise that will help keep politicians in check and to support future anti establishment candidates.

You heard that there first.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
On Trump and blm: I was in Chicago earlier in the summer and a friend of mine drove us around the South side of Chicago in a large truck: if someone were to jump in front of us, he would have stepped on the gas. Because stopping in the neighborhood woukd be too risky.

The violence is mostly confined in the city's South and West. People in the North and Northwest aren't impacted at all and don't care about what's happening in the South or west.

I absolutely sympathize with the desparation people in those neighborhood feel. Some of the blm leaders are coming to a similar realization that Democrats and the politicians overall don't care about them, other than their votes.

I just hope that more of them come to that conclusion soon.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Trump's support can better be described as anti establishment. They are real life repudiation of a corrupt political system that has failed to serve the people. From that perspective, there is a lot of similarity between Trump and Sanders, and even blm.
The Tea Party was based on a similar disgust with the ruling class, and you're right that the sentiment is widespread. I think the right candidate might be able to turn that into a win. After all, even Trump appears to be within striking distance and look how unattractive he is to many voters. Unfortunately, getting the anti-establishment types to all back the same candidate may be like herding cats.

Oh, and I was once downtown in Chicago in '78 buying Rolling Stones tickets. I made some poor route choices and ended up in some dicey areas. I recall making the decision that I would not be stopping at stop signs or even lights. No one else did, so I didn't stand out.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The situation in Washington now, with an election of "the people's representatives", being treated more or less as a coronation of royalty is exactly why we peasants are so "unruly".
They stopped representing us many many decades ago, if not centuries.

Republicans are red
Democrats are blue
Neither of them gives
A f#$k about you.

It makes perfect sense that so many people want an outsider to win.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The Tea Party was based on a similar disgust with the ruling class
And the tea party guys are why the GOP has Trump as their candidate. And also why I can't vote GOP, even though thats my voting registration. The obstructionism that the tea party has unleashed on the country is the reason things have gotten so polarized.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
...The obstructionism that the tea party has unleashed on the country is the reason things have gotten so polarized.
Done, no doubt, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

The sheeple need to just bend over and grab the ankles and accept anything the ruling class decides we need.

Most people are tired of being Ruled and want a return of representative government.