if you're blocked, how do u feel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lightfire, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    ok,

I'm blocked in a facebook chat box of a certain web site.

i guess spammed (actually not spam) their chat box.... maybe because i ask them how do they get songs, and etc...

i feel im rejected and now i guess i have to make newf acebook so that no one blocked me

im sad now!!!

how do u cope w/ that situation?? how do you feel? thnx

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Suck it up like a man...and let it go..!

If they don't want u, why do you want them ?

There are more where they came from

3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Have you asked your self the reason why you got blocked ;) I am quite sure you in some way violated the rules of that site. And now you must face the consequence of what you did. This site do also have some simple rules. And I think some of them are a bit over the top. Like a total ban on automotive topics. But instead of getting my self into trouble. I just avoid discussing topics that can get me into trouble here. As it is plenty of other places on the net there I can discuss automotive topics. And that is a perfect arrangement. That keeps both the moderators on AAC and me happy.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Georacer likes this.
  4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Watching. Always Watching...

5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hee hee hee.

6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Remember to turn off your webcam. They can see you.

7. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    Web cam? watching? O_O

8. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Hahaha, he's just playing with you :D They aren't watching you through your webcam :p

9. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    However, it has happened to me visiting a site and my webcam activating. The blue LED on it is the telltale.

U-turn and away we go!

DerStrom8 likes this.
  10. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    actually maybe they banned me coz i asked them i want to be a dj and i asked them how they get songs.
    how do they get songs, anway? the internet radio??

11. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I think DJs usually buy songs online (like iTunes). Obtaining them without paying is pirating, and is against the law. Perhaps they thought you were trying to pirate music. Did you tell them you wanted to get the music for free?

12. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    So that how your Elvis impersonation of burning love ended up on my computer.....Eh next time at least keep the pants on:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM

13. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    Der, ok... so if they bought a song from itunes. are internet radios allowed to broadcast it or they need license?

thnx

also they have sound effects.O_O

14. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I believe internet radio stations require licenses to broadcast, but I'm not sure. Google might help you a lot with that kind of research. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to just buy songs from iTunes and then play them on your own internet radio site. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal. There are a lot of rules about that sort of thing that you should definitely research.

Also, the sound effects are find, if you make them yourself. Otherwise, you'll have to buy the rights to them, which can get pretty expensive.....

15. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    My camera is always focused on my face. :cool:

16. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    Der, ok.

i think no internet radio organization are present here in PH. Only NTC which are for radio (using the fm/am band) but no internet. o_O

17. 1chance

Nov 26, 2011
    So that song ("You're so Vain!") was about you!!:D

18. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I do not have a facebook account, as they do have some rules I do not like.
    One of the statements I found on a dutch site warning for the privacy rules of FB is this:

Also when you say anything about some commercial outing, they can block your account.

Bertus

Sparky49 likes this.
  19. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    I got a DJ friend.

He is buying all his music on CDs. The CDs he transfer to a laptop, and to and external hdd, as a backup, for when the laptop collapses.

I don't think you can broadcast an Internet radio station without any license.

It could be a fun experiment to have all your music on a server, at home, and install a streaming software, and just log on to that computer when you are out doing a gig. So if you laptop gets stolen, you still have you music.

But I'll guess theres some restrictions on streaming your own music to a closed party....:rolleyes:

20. hwy101

May 23, 2009
    Shoutcast was one of the first online music stream, started by Nullsoft back in 1997 then later purchased by AOL in 1999.
    I was on it streaming music to family and friends back then, Winamp was the player of choice, but now you have to apply for a license.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHOUTcast