If you live long you will see everything

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Well I finally saw the classic 'person with the gas nozzle and filler hose driving down the street' this morning while coming home from the local coffee shop. While stopped for a light I watched them take off from the pump, rip the hose off (I guess they have a 'for stupid' disconnect now) and turn a corner with everyone one else looking at it blowing their horns while LOL.

Made my day but I didn't have time to snap a picture.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/30471/what-happens-if-you-drive-gas-pump-nozzle-still-car

ps: can a MOD fix the title, tks.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So far I have not seen anyone drive off with a fuel nozzle still in their vehicle but I have seen a few fuel pumps that were out of commission because the hoses had been ripped off at the break away coupler.

Now on the subject of being in the right place at the right time,

A few years ago I was behind a loaded tanker truck of fuel sitting at a multi track railroad crossing that had double cross arms on both sides of the track being it's part of the local rail yard where they run remote controlled locomotives and have had idiots go around the normal single side arms and get hit before.

The crossing arms went up and the truck slowly started across the tracks and just as he got part way across the cross arms came back down stopping him right across the tracks. They were only down for about 10 seconds but I could see the driver in his mirrors looking very concerned!