Identifying capacitator

gramoobi

Joined Mar 15, 2013
I have a bustd capacitator in my asus monitor and i cannot firgure out how to identify it.., the top line says KF105° the second line is C702 and the third line is VENT... none of those things seem to be on the sites that help identify them although im assuming its temp rating is 105?

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
None of those says much about the capacitors. You need to look for something like 35V 100μF on some other side of the cap.

gramoobi

Joined Mar 15, 2013
Awesome thanks for the help:) One final hing... any advice on removing that white foam stuff all around the caps? ive been picking at it with a knife but its slow work...

Last edited:

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I would just desolderthe caps, rip them from the sticky goo and the unse a sharp knife to cut the rest. When you install the new ones you should consider using glue or hot glue to secure the new caps against vibration breaking the joint.

pfofit

Joined Nov 29, 2006
Take care to use Low impedance replacement. & 105 'c
I've replaced a lot of capxon's.
http://www.capxongroup.com/files/2011-KF Series.pdf

For ex:
Chemicon KZE are above spec and are good quality or a Rubycon YXG is closer but still better spec than the KF's

ADDED: The spec sheet for The KF's says low impedance, but 0.25 ohms is not very low
The Kze are 0.072 ohms and the YXG are 0.13 ohms

Attachments

Last edited: