Identify this part.

mattjmartin

Joined Jun 7, 2010
I need to know what to order from Mouser to get this stinkin thing fixed. Can someone help me out! Q2 is what I am talking about, at it has "720" stamped on it.

prb22786

Joined Sep 19, 2010
I'm pretty sure I've seen 2n7002 (N-chan enh MOSFET) in a SOT-23 package stamped "720". Thats the trouble with SMT components. Either way you're not going to damage anything if the wrong component is replaced, it just either will or won't work right.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Q7 also looks damaged.

Make sure you find the fault which caused both transistors to go pop. Otherwise they might go pop again as soon as you power it up.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I would agree with the FMMT720. The FMMT619 is the NPN compliment, and is located just south of both 720's in the H-bridge.

Which also appears KAPUT (as noticed by tom66) at Q7

And the 2N7002 is marked 702X..not 720.. but not bad from memory prb22786

mattjmartin

Joined Jun 7, 2010
Thanks guys! I love this place. Oddly enough, this is for an automatic litter box, and the parts fried because it was stuck on a terd for a week just trying to run the motor. :p

I'm still going to check everything out though. I sure do love living 15 minutes from mouser!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thanks guys! I love this place. Oddly enough, this is for an automatic litter box, and the parts fried because it was stuck on a terd for a week just trying to run the motor. :p

I'm still going to check everything out though. I sure do love living 15 minutes from mouser!
You may want to look into a laxative for the cat...or putting a bigger motor on the scoop arm!

I would go for the bigger motor. They can be MUCH more predictable then a laxative loaded feline. ;)

I also have to note the irony between using MOUSEr to fix a cat problem..