Identify these parts!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by XOIIO, Mar 9, 2013.

1. XOIIO

Thread Starter Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hey all, while taking apart a server power supply I found a bunch of different parts attachet to heatsinks, I'm sure they are voltage transformers but there are quite a few different ones, so if anyone knows what they are specifically or wants to save me time and research them that would be cool.

One thing I'm not sure about, the grey two pin parts marked C2 and D2, I don't know what they are. I hooked up a multimeter and when I heated one up with my soldering iron the resistance increased so maybe they are thermisters? I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. antonv

Nov 27, 2012
    Google them for data sheets. The part numbers are:

First photo:
    RHRP1560 (diode)
    IRF840 (MOSFET)
    L4955 (regulator)
    47CTQ020 (dual rectifier)

Second photo:
    Not sure, maybe RTD or thermistor temperature sensors. If they measure 100 ohms they are probably RTDs.

Third photo:
    DSSK 40-0015B (Schottky diode)
    40CPQ060 (Schottky dual rectifier)
    IRFP460A: (MOSFET)
    40CPQ100: (Dual Schottky)
    19F7476: not sure, try testing it with an ohm meter. Do you know how to do that?

3. XOIIO

Thread Starter Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I get roughly 82.2 ohms, it changed a teeny bit after I handled it though so it must be some type of thermister.

AS for that last one, nedative on middle pin, positive on right pin, I get 8.86 ohms, no readings on other pin setups

4. antonv

Nov 27, 2012
    For the last one switch your meter to diode test, then it will read voltage drop, you are looking for 0.4 to 0.7 V if there are bjt or diode junctions.

5. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    I think the F in the 19F7476 would indicate it is a FET, but it is an unusual number for sure.

It's easy to find all the dual diode packs, they will measure two matching diode drops, one from each outside pin to the centre pin. Most are common cathode (so put the black multimeter lead on the centre pin).