Identify SMD component

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ssoto, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ssoto

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hello,

Firtst of all, congratulations for the forum.

can someone help me to identify the SMD component market with the text "PJ0289"?
    Dibujo.JPG

2. Sensacell

Jun 19, 2012
    That looks like an inductor

3. ssoto

Nov 9, 2014
    Could be an inductor of a LC filter? The two terminals in the track have to be connected to 24V DC input and the ceramic capacitor which is also connected to the track, the other terminal, is connected to ground through a metalic part which is in contact to the rail DIN (the device is mounted on a rail DIN). But if t's an inductor, the marking is not usual. How is the inductance showed in that marking format? I imagine that I will have to disassemblie and to measure the inductance. Is that right?

4. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    If it looks like an inductor but is not labeled like an inductor then maybe it is a ferrite "bead". If it is a ferrite bead it will measure as a lossy inductor.

5. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
  6. ssoto

Nov 9, 2014
    According to the datasheet of Diode 1SMA4741, the marking for that diode is 741B that is the text marked in the photo of the above link. In this photo is also clear the mark of the polarity but the marking PJ0289 is not related to the mentioned diode according to the datasheet. In the photo that I attached there is not mark of polarity.

7. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    do you have a multimeter?

8. ssoto

Nov 9, 2014
    Not at this moment but I will get one tomorrow. Could this component be a TVS (Transient Voltage Supressor) SMBJ33A from Littlefuse or Silicon Standard Corporation? According to the data sheet, the marking in that case is CM and this texto also appear in the component. For bidirectional use there is not marking of polarity in the component.