Identify old IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by skusku, Apr 7, 2015.

1. skusku

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Hi everyone

I have a machine which has some blown and rusted IC's. Problem is they are very old IC's.
    The IC's are labeled D08 E102. Used in a plastic moulding injection machine.

Could anyone please help identify the type of IC and possibly a replacement IC that I can use?
  2. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    it might not apply to yours, but I found some chips marked with the origional part number on the bottom, even when they had a propiat=ery number on top. might try locating pins connected to ground + supply and such, and what supply voltage they are connected to, most chips of that package were +5 volt only except for some that were driver chips. analog have different supply voltages.
  3. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    The logo tells me the ICs are a product of Matsushita (i.e. Panasonic q.v.) --- Panasonic should be able to advise you as to the 'owner' of the Spec. (e.g. Panasonic themselves or the manufacturer of the machine, etc...[if manufactured under 3'rd party contract])

In my experience manufacturers/'rights-holders' are very helpful with such inquires! :)

Best regards HP
  4. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    The crud in the picture looks like it is flux left over from a previous repair. I suggest that you use some isopropyl alcohol to clean the board and then do a careful visual inspection for broken traces or lifted component pads. Do the cleaning and inspection on both sides of the PCB.

Another thing to check is the gray cable near the bottom of the picture. These cables quite often use solid wires and even a couple of flexes at the circuit board can break some of the wires.
    DickCappels likes this.
  5. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    My guess, based on board position is possibly resistor networks having 8 EA of 1 K resistors used for pull up or pull down. That is purely a guess. If the grey ribbon cable can be disconnected from where it goes and left floating try measuring accross the chip(s). Pin 1 to 16, pin 2 to 15 and down the line. 1K seems strange for a pull up or pull down but I figure resistor networks if I had to take a wild guess. As suggested, clean the board up.

6. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Matsushita (Panasonic), or it is the other way round? does not produce them anymore. It is all SMD nowadays since long time.

If you finally desolder them, measure resistance (between opposite / contiguous pins).

What a mess there...!
  7. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Well indeed not!:D -- however they will have data, and, perhaps, 'leads' on stockpiled NOS devices --- FWIW I have had very good experience in this regard... But then, perhaps, it was merely down to my winning smile!;)

Best regards
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  8. skusku

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Thank you so far guys. I have emailed panasonic Industrial support. I will see if they come back for help. I cleaned everything with alcohol and replaced resistors and one zener so far.
  9. Scotophor

Oct 8, 2014
    Even if Matsushita/Panasonic are of no help, if you can confirm that they are resistor arrays, that is a fairly common part which you can get from many sources. However, they're also unlikely to have failed in the first place.

The "crud" in the photo looks to me more like corrosion bloom from exposure to moisture. This stuff can retain moisture and be conductive, so definitely clean it off before attempting to power the circuit or continue diagnosis.