Identify diode and transistor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Onilll, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    diode bands: red and brown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and transistors marked SS100 and SS110.

[​IMG]
    Thank you.

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Onilll likes this.
  3. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    thanks.
    resistors not a problem.
    i did see educypedia, but didn't find answers.
    transistor found at http://english.electronica-pt.com/db/cross-reference.php BSS100
    diode 1n21... hm may be its zener 2.1v or 21v or something else painted by manufacturer smart minds.
    thank you.

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    A Zener diode across a relay coil would be OK, as it would cause the field to collapse more rapidly than a standard silicon diode.

Onilll likes this.
  5. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    thanks. relay 24 vdc, so its could zener 21V?

6. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    I have to stop posting when I'm asleep. :rolleyes:

A Zener can be used in series with another Zener or silicon diode back-to-back across a relay coil. Just a Zener by itself wouldn't work as desired.

However, if the board traces are how you have them shown, a 21v Zener wouldn't work unless there is also a resistor in series somewhere; otherwise the Zener would be clamping the 24v supply down to 21v; lots of power dissipation would occur.

What does this board do; some kind of industrial motor reversing control?

Onilll likes this.
  7. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    one more question: both parts PCB marked EMI. What is it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    The black cylinders with bus wire threaded through them are ferrite beads, and the light brown flat disks are ceramic capacitors. Can't see what the smaller light brown circles are; clicking on the images brings up a page that shows lots of things, but not your photo. Please upload the photos to this forum by using "the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" buttons.

The ferrite beads on the wire act as inductors to stop high frequency signals from passing through.

Onilll likes this.
  9. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    uploaded pictures.
    brown part have three legs. two from part which possible the same as black, and one from "attached" capacitor.

10. Onilll

Thread Starter Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Hi!
    Have a schema where capacitor 0.5 MFD 900 VPK. Made about 1985. Modern caps bigger than this and I can't find replacement. It surprised me and I draw attention on voltage: not V, not VDC but VPK. May be it Peak Voltage? If it's true, what voltage I could choose?
    Thanks.

11. tgotwalt1158

Feb 28, 2011
    hi Onilll!
    If the capacitor is being used in ac circuit then only the peak voltage would apply, otherwise dc 900 VW would work. You could check this in the diagram i.e. the function of the capacitor!

12. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    The round and brown part. Is some sort of EMI Suppression Filters. Take a look here http://www.murata.com/products/catalog/pdf/c30e.pdf page start at page 12. I can not pinpoint the device exact.