Ideal Diode

winzer

Joined Mar 25, 2008
So I am suppose to consider for the values of V(in)=0,2,6,10 to plot V vs. Vin ranging from -10V to 10V of the circuit. However I am very confused where to begin. IF I take Vin=0. Do I have to start assuming states for each diode and go about trying to find the right combination that will work?

Thanks

Attachments

Pich

Joined Mar 11, 2008
I'm not shure what you are looking for, can you please explain in a differt way?. The drawing has the + - polarity backwards.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The drawing has the + - polarity backwards.
Maybe not, for this question. Since it's homework assignment, it could be either way, depending on the instructor's objective in the question.

On edit ... damm, that wasn't the diagram I was thinking of when I responded. I must have got two postings mixed up. CRS was taking it's hold this morn. :D

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The four diodes are arranged like a bridge rectifier, but the AC input is not correct. Having the one input line connect to ground through a resistor is strange.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
V(in)=0,2,6,10 to plot V vs. Vin ranging from -10V to 10V
Can you tell us more of the question as your extract does not make sense.

If V(in) is alternating at 0,2,6,10 volts the peak to peak of 10 volts = 2xsquareroot2x10volts equals 28 volts.

Unless the point of the exercise is to show clipping.

winzer

Joined Mar 25, 2008
Here are the exact words from the text:
"Consider V(in)=0,2,6,10V. Also for the figure plot V versus V(in) for V(in) ranging from -10V to 10V"

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
There must be more to the question than this.

Where did the circuit diagrams come from?

Did you understand my comment about clipping or beenthere's comment about ac input?

winzer

Joined Mar 25, 2008
The diagram came from from my text(Hambley). Clipping is covered in the section. But it doesn't explicitly say anything about clipping though it may be the case.