Idea physical motion for first responder

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by kuannygohcheetatt, May 1, 2014.

1. kuannygohcheetatt

Thread Starter Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Hi guys, my assignment is to do a system where first responder( police ,firemen ,medical staff ect ) can apply wireless physical motion in emergency situation . After surfing internet, the most i can find is using physical motion to control robots, drones, or scrolling maps. Any innovative ideas ? Difficulty of idea is not taken into consideration ( as long as it is possible to be done and not too expensive with a budget limit of usd2000) i reali hope all of u can suggest me with some innovative idea thx

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Apply motion to what? What is the wireless for? What emergency situation?

3. kuannygohcheetatt

Thread Starter Member

Oct 31, 2013
    It didnt specify, the title requires us to design a system where input of first responder is used for emergency situation, anything as long as it is related to this. For example the physical motion of the first responder is detected by laptops and the laptops se d those signal to certain device for emergency response, but now i haven thought of any innovative idea, any idea in your mind?

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I believe you should begin by researching what chores a first responder is concerned with. Triage of patients, crowd control, ongoing threat assessment, communication to other responders, and so on. Pick one of those chores and start to take it apart into component activities. Every situation is different, so you need to identify some common elements. Talking to an actual first responder would be a good place to start.

5. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Sounds like a [3-axis accelerometer to a microprocessor to a wireless transmitter] on the first responder's body, sending periodic signals to a [wireless receiver to a laptop]...to detect and alarm if there is a lack of motion on the part of the first responder.

Is that it?

Ken

kuannygohcheetatt likes this.
  6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Ah, that's completely different than my interpretation. Makes sense.

7. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    That was an off-the-wall interpretation of the OP's assignment. ;) Not sure it's right though.

Ken

8. kuannygohcheetatt

Thread Starter Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Sry i think overlook ur answer , actually what u say is right, an accelerometer on the firsr responder, then send wirelessly to. A laptop . Any idea?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  9. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    I do not understand what that means.

Ken

wayneh likes this.
  10. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Something is lost in translation.

11. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    No, it seems reasonably clear. He is tasked with doing and assignment that involves coming up with an idea and he wants us to do that for him.

KJ6EAD likes this.
  12. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    That was the only detail that was crystal clear. :)