IC's Theory

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by MIRINGU, Jan 25, 2008.

1. MIRINGU

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 18, 2007
    I had constructed an audio Amplifier using IC LA4508 but after working for one month, it failed.The circuit diagram is okey since i followed it later.How can i know if the ic components inside burnt?

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Can you post the circuit diagram, along with what you've done so far to test the areas of the circuit?

3. h.d

Oct 22, 2007
    i know there are a device to test the IC's which give you the IC model and
    about its status. but that an laboratory device i dont know if you can get it, i will
    try to give you the model number of it.

4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    A lot of inexperienced people think a schematic is the only key bit of information needed to successfully create a working and reliable project.

There are many other factors that needbe considered. Capacitor voltage ratings, inductor saturation curves, general layout of circuit, heat-sinking components, etc.

In order to diagnose an unobvious failure, you need to know what to look for and be able to test for it. So, if a signal should be inverted somewhere with a gain of 3.5, then you should be able to apply a stimulus and get the expected response.

Steve

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Is it possible that you built your amplifier from the schematic provided in the datasheet?

I have attached a copy of the example amplifier. If so, did you substitute any component values that were called out in the schematic?

hgmjr