iCircuit Question

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by webplodder, May 27, 2015.

1. webplodder

Thread Starter Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Hello. I'm using a circuit simulation app. on my iPad ('iCircuit') to investigate the charging/discharging of a capacitor, however, in the simple circuit I constructed, after the capacitor charges up to the supply voltage, when I flip the switch the capacitor seems to begin discharging at a voltage value approximately twice that of the battery voltage! How can that be when the maximum voltage available is only that of the battery voltage?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Think about what you are asking, and who you are asking. No schematic, no answer.

ak

3. Bordodynov

May 20, 2015
    If you throw a charged capacitor to the positive battery is at the free end of the capacitor is the total voltage (Vbatt + Vcap = 2Vbatt). There doubler circuit voltage based on the switching capacitors.

4. webplodder

Thread Starter Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks, Bordodynov, but I tried running the simulator again with the exact same same circuit and it behaved as expected, so I can only assume there are some bugs in the simulator or there is a problem with my iPad. Anyway, all seems well at the moment and thank you for trying to help.