ice cube relay or two?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by martyt, Jan 9, 2013.

1. martyt

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I am not sure how to wire a relay. What I have is a hydraulic directional control valve that is to move a hydraulic cylinder. there are two pressure sensors that have a basic switch built into them. I put a ice cube relay to control the movement of valve and cylinder. The problem I am having is that I can not pull the coil in to make it switch. The coil chatters, when it tries to break the points. Do I need and other relay to control this? I am not sure on how to do this. Thanks for any help.
  2. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    We need to know how you wired it up, what the voltage is, and if the switches are normally open or normally closed. With that information we should be able to help you.
  3. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    The chattering can be from too low of voltage on the relay coil, a bad signal to the relay, or a bad relay.

Without a GOOD picture (or 3, from different angles) of the old relay in place, wired up, or better yet, a wiring diagram/schematic, we have no way of telling what type of relay it is, let alone how to connect it.