Ic that remove noise from voice

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by ali abid, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ali abid

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I required ic that is use to remove noise from the voice for speech recognition

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    There is no dedicated chip that I am aware of. You could try building a a bandpass filter that goes from say 300 Hz. to 3000 Hz. My experience with listening to SSB signals on the amateur bands is that it will be of limited utility.

3. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The few things I've read about speech recognition software, mentions alot of details on noise reduction. SOFTWARE that is. So, after bandpass, you should expect to need to implement some kind of limit on the data in your sample. "The rise per sample of the digital value must not exceed a certain amount" for example, would be a form of low pass filter. This is another form of digital filtering for noise spikes. Other software changes might be refered to as normalizing the data. For repeated iterations of the data, it might help to have software 'recognize' the high frequency speech portions, like the letter 's', or the letters 'c' and 'k', to know which filter to apply. You are trying to match a preformed/preloaded data pattern for a word, using phonems most often. Having the software make repeated 'tweaks' on the pattern and recompare it to confirm a match is key.

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    It is sort of difficult, unless you have an exact copy of the line noise, as used in early voice-scrambling solutions.

Otherwise, try to get the SNR high enough so filters can remove the noise while leaving a usable signal. DSP filters are rather in-depth, as pointed out above.

5. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Could you somehow smooth the audio signal to remove pops and clicks?

6. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    If you've really got a software-based speech recognition system, this pre-filtering step is a trivial addition. If it doesn't seem like an easy thing to do, just wait till you get into the real programming.