IC Question

rkrutz

Joined Dec 2, 2009
I was wondering if anyone new which ic had the house codes of MC14528BCP and FFNC9051. It has 8 legs on each side. From my research I believe it ay be a xr2240, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your help.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
An MC14528BCP is a Motorola part number for a 4000-series 4528 CMOS dual monostable multivibrator. Other manufacturers might use CD or HEF instead of MC1 for a prefix.

rkrutz

Joined Dec 2, 2009
Ok thank you. So do you know where i could find a xr2240 programmable timer or something similar because all the places I've looked at online don't carry them?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Ok thank you. So do you know where i could find a xr2240 programmable timer or something similar because all the places I've looked at online don't carry them?
That part number is for a part originally made by Exar. The company does not exist anymore and there were seldom any second sources for these parts. eBay is your best bet for the XR2240.

A CD4040 or CD4060 may get you what you want.

rkrutz

Joined Dec 2, 2009
Ok thanks for your help. I'll check some local stores and see if they have any. Its just I got a book from the 80's and some of the projects call for it. Does anyone know if there is something similar available in today's market?

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009

Attachments

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Does anyone know if there is something similar available in today's market?
One more time with feeling. A CD4040 or a CD4060 are similar and available in today's market. Do I have to repeat myself or did the message get through?

BTW I'm amazed that LM (National Semiconductor) and UA (Fairchild) second sourced this part. Given the age of the datasheet from National (1990), I'd be surprised if they corresponded to orderable parts. Digi-Key has none.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
That part number is for a part originally made by Exar. The company does not exist anymore and there were seldom any second sources for these parts. eBay is your best bet for the XR2240.

A CD4040 or CD4060 may get you what you want.
Exar would probably be surprised to find that they do not exist.:D
You are right about the fact that they don't make the cool old parts now.:(

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
One more time with feeling. A CD4040 or a CD4060 are similar and available in today's market. Do I have to repeat myself or did the message get through?

BTW I'm amazed that LM (National Semiconductor) and UA (Fairchild) second sourced this part. Given the age of the datasheet from National (1990), I'd be surprised if they corresponded to orderable parts. Digi-Key has none.
I know, thats why I use the 4060.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Exar would probably be surprised to find that they do not exist.:D
You are right about the fact that they don't make the cool old parts now.:(
It is the same name, but it sure looks like a different company, with no archival information on its legacy products, and new products with prefixes different than 'XR'. Are you sure that it did not go away for a while until someone resurected the name, Phoenix like, from the ashes.

Guess not. It is now a fabless company after all the aquisitions, and Rohm no longer has any stake in it.

Last edited: