ic for motor driving

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by yousufsaleem, Mar 14, 2012.

1. yousufsaleem

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    which ic i can use to drive 2 motor .............if i have conditions
    both running in forward together
    one running while other is in stop state
    both are stop

plz reply

and plz provide schematic if any one have it
  2. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    this is VERY vague question, just like
    "which medication can be used to heal? provide detailed treatment if possible."

and answer is - it depends...

motor can be many things so you need to say more about it (stepper, DC, AC single phase, AC three phase, voltage, power etc).
  3. be80be

Jul 5, 2008
    Yep it would help to know what kind it's a big world out there with all kinds of motors.

You could use just a NPN or a H-bridge or a AC 3 phase controller and on and on
  4. yousufsaleem

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    weather i use ic our i make my own h bridge and which h bridge ic is better for driving to 12 volt dc motors
  5. johngoh2007

Mar 27, 2012
    If you are using DC Motors runs on 1A-4A your best bet is the L298n Motor driver IC. It has embedded H-bridge circuit. For lower Amps you can use L293 Motor diver IC.

The circuit diagram for Motor driver with L298n Motor driver can be found here

If you are using AC motor, you can use a motor starter. Companies such as ABB, Mitsubishi, and Schneider Electric sell Motor starters and controllers. You can then feed your pwm signal to these controllers or you can use communication bus such as CAN