I wonder if there is anything other than electricity that can make things work?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rolland B. Heiss, May 16, 2015.

1. Rolland B. Heiss

Thread Starter Member

Feb 4, 2015
    Ever since electricity was discovered we have been focused upon it and built our modern lives around it. Could there be something else that might do similar things such as what we did before electricity? Sure, we had steam with the help of heat from fire or other sources such as the sun in order to move things and produce spectacular results but is there something else apart from what we now know? Example... with all of the knowledge of electricity and components and which circuit can do what from the most brilliant minds life comes into existence without solder or transistor or transformer. I cannot make a circuit board that will cause my garden to grow. I've got earth, sunlight, the properties of the air, earthworms and a whole host of other factors that cause the garden to grow and the earthworms to thrive. Mind you I, of course, didn't create these factors or design anything. Yet these separate beings exist and have power of free motion such as the plants and the worms and every atom in every part of the process. How? If I were an Alkaline battery I would have been lucky to live to be a few months old! Yet here I am at 50 years of age still going strong and all it seems to take to stay alive is liquid, sunshine and plant or animal food that also requires the same such things. I realize that within our systems we have electrical impulses that fire over synaptic gaps and all but we don't ever need to plug our circuits in! So, these are my random off topic thoughts which may in a sense be on topic as well. Figured I would throw out my random thoughts and see what sort of responses I get. Maybe together we can figure out the next step needed to advance as a civilization. Or maybe not. As long as I'm alive I figured the questions were worth asking and the random thoughts worth sharing.

2. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    'Electricity' makes the plants grown and the sun shine on this planet. Chemistry is electricity, we are electric, so we've always used electricity even before we gave it a name. The electro force one of the basic forces in the classical universe, nothing will replace it.

3. Rolland B. Heiss

Thread Starter Member

Feb 4, 2015
    I'm not so sure NSA. Once the popular consensus was that the world was flat. There has got to be more than what we currently know. I don't believe I meant that last sentence as a pun.

4. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    I've said this before but people still use flat earth maps instead of globes after we know the world is round because it works with corrections for some guy on a tractor. Nothing we discover is going to suddenly make a banana float off a table all by itself or completely invalidate what we currently know and what has been tested by experiment. It (new discoveries) will allow us to probe deeper into how electricity works but it will always work the same at the practical level.

5. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    I think the electric is the only force. I think that the weak and strong nuclear force is the electric force. I think that gravity is a weak cousin of the electric. That accounts for all force.

I think that with the proper electric force, we can make anti-matter very cheaply, for an unlimited power source.....clean too.

I also think that we should be able to control inertia and weight of matter with the electric.

If we could accelerate mass or charge without the affects of inertia..........it's a whole new ball game.

6. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    If I had wings I could fly too. I think the universe has rules, we can try to cheat but a traffic cop called reality slows us down to what is possible in our universe. So what we have to do is to create another universe different from our physical human universe to make these wonderful things happen. If we ultimately discover all the secrets to this universe then it will be possible to transfer our human purely informational essence into this new simulation universe with rules we just make up.

Damn, my beer's getting warm.

7. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    The electrical impulses being feed to my brain tells me the beer I am drinking is ice cold and tastes great.

Long live electricity!

JoeJester and nsaspook like this.
  8. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
  9. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    Reminds me of scanners used in star trek movie.

kv

10. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    I wonder if Ampere and Faraday knew that their work would allow us to shoot lasers at the moon or send crafts to the outer planets?

Why is it so hard for people to believe that inertia can be adjusted?

Inertia is just resonance.

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I will concede that quantum mechanics may find a way to modify inertia (though ain't happened yet), but it is not "just" resonance. It is firmly linked to the 3 laws of motion, and even orbital mechanics.

Another word for inertia is mass, and we haven't changed that yet.

cmartinez likes this.
  12. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Of what? A ton of concrete has inertia. Is it resonating? At what frequency?

13. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    fascinating isnt it? plants work with some 100mv

they are complex mini factories self replicating.

im researching them i have regenerated a cabbage from a trunk piece

14. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    Mass(charge) has two components. Angular momentum and resonance.

Angular momentum is the mass. The angular momentum(mass) is in resonance. This resonance applies a protective field around the angular momentum. The environment has to go thru the resonance to get to the mass. When you apply an acceleration to the particle, This resonance field distorts and absorbs a portion of the force and transfers it to the angular momentum. This gives the object more mass......and thus more force is needed to move it again. This is how you transform energy into mass. It's thru resonance.( Again, this is an electronic universe).

The resonance of the angular momentum is what opposes the movement of that angular momentum(mass). Inertia is resonance.

If we null out the resonance, we null out the inertia(reactance), but still have the angular momentum(mass). The protective inertia field is still there...it just can't absorb. And now....no way to transfer energy to mass. All force will go to movement now.

We have not eliminated the mass.........just the opposition to the movement of the mass.

This is much more valuable and useful than a new power source.

This would eliminate speed and power limits. Everyone thinks that this is the goal. This is nothing compared the shock that awaits.

Right now...we use the electric. But we are not charged and the objects we interact with for the most part are neutral also.

Being able to change inertia will be at a minimum of 1000 times more shocking and life changing than electricity was and much, much faster.

People will be coming home from work and turning the inertia on............so they can relax and get back to the good old days.

Too far out?

Study modern science.

15. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Something tells me I am going to regret jumping in here, but...

You equate mass with charge, yet a neutron has no charge. Therefore, it is without mass?

cmartinez and OBW0549 like this.
  16. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    A neutron is the first molecule. It is a co-planar proton inside an electron. When an electron is accelerated very fast, it can slip over a proton. As it goes around the proton, when they align co-planar to each other, there is an energy valley that it can sit in. It's because of the way the field lines pair up. and reinforce each other. It causes a little holding area.

If you check the results of neutron charge density plots, you will see the agreement.

However.....because of separate AMs and the SIZE difference of the charge, the electron will start to wobble. If you take the neutron out of the nucleus, this wobble will grow so much, that within a few moments, it will wobble apart. Radioactive decay. A neutron is the only particle configuration or atomic configuration that decays. It's electric. Just like everything else.

Inside the nucleus, in different nuclear configurations.....the neutron wobble expansion rate can be varied greatly. Thus the different half-lives of nucleotides.

When the decay happens.......because of the small mass....electron leaves quickly and the bonding energy is now expressed as a burst of rf.

All mass, energy and momentum is accounted for.

A neutron has two charges. And the mass as such. They weigh a tad more than both separately.
    But only because they are co-planar(bonding momentum).

17. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    @ joeyd999
    I share your concerns :rolleyes:.

18. tom_s

Jun 27, 2014
    i digress, my mass seems to be increasing, especially noticeable after the days main meal

19. Rolland B. Heiss

Thread Starter Member

Feb 4, 2015
    I've been enjoying all comments, thoughts and conversations in this thread. It's all quite fascinating to me and very much appreciated.

20. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    If anyone is interested, here are the charge densities of a neutron and proton.
    As you can see, the neutron has both charges.

But what is much more important is the charge density at the center of the particle. At zero radius.

What kind of structure would behave like this?

Because the structure is self-repulsive, and the charge density is zero in the center, how many different structures could accomplish this?

By the way, the only reason you can see both charges........is because one is inside and the other out, .....you could not see them otherwise.

Neutron Density.jpg

Rolland B. Heiss likes this.