I want to Learn about electronics engineering?

Emmerator

Joined Jan 25, 2011
'm 17 and ever since Last year I wanted to Learn about electronics but never got to it. I want to learn about circuits, circuitry, The electronic components like diodes, resistors, capacitors, Circuit boards, and the like. What books do you recommend for a 17 year old? Any videos or other resources that would help me in learning about electronics? What other things should I know about electronics? Please write as much information as needed, doesn't matter if it has to be 100 pages long

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Good to hear you like the site.
If you have any questions, start asking.
We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
The eBook can be downloaded using the PDF sign at the right top on the index page of a volume.
Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
Or the RF related links thread:
RF related links

You can also take a look at the videos from learnerstv on engineering:
http://www.learnerstv.com/course.php?cat=Engineering

Bertus

PatM

Joined Dec 31, 2010
'm 17 and ever since Last year I wanted to Learn about electronics but never got to it. I want to learn about circuits, circuitry, The electronic components like diodes, resistors, capacitors, Circuit boards, and the like. What books do you recommend for a 17 year old? Any videos or other resources that would help me in learning about electronics? What other things should I know about electronics? Please write as much information as needed, doesn't matter if it has to be 100 pages long
A good start is right at the top of this page.
Start with VOL. 1 - DC and work to the right as each tab is finished.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Hi there,
ive been on this forum for about a month and i was in about the same situation as you

I started with electronics a few years back but all i knew was the basics.. hazily
all i did was wire different kits together and mess with rc controller boards, i never really understood how any of it worked

About juneish i got it in my head to build a Nixie clock, and i spent the next month staring at schematics and searching the internet till i finally had a eureka moment and understood what i was looking at

in any case, my advice would be to start smaller than i did (but im too far along now to let my project go...) and to read through the textbooks up top, and because hes going to tell you to every time you post anyway, go ahead and read through Bill Marsdens ebook LED's, 555's, flashers and stuff