i want to have a discussion about designing parametric tester

fatimahfaisal

Joined Dec 22, 2016
i am currently studying about the parametric tester and will be doing a project on how to build one. May i know does the architecture for the tester will typically have the same design with the current available parametric tester?
i did found the architecture of the current parametric tester but i'm having problem where to start as i am confused and cannot plan very well because i cannot relate the knowledge that i have about it.
it could be a pleasure for me if you guys can help me especially the one that have involved in this kind of project.

thank you.

fatimahfaisal

Joined Dec 22, 2016

yes. it is somehow similar to that. i did read about their product brochures. and i am aiming to build one with lowest cost that i can do. in order for that, i have to reduce some functionality from these current product.
my problem is that i do not know which instruments that can be removed in order to make like this one?
it would be great if it can measure simple measurement like IDsat, Vg, Vth. those kind of measurement.

it would be great if you could help me.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I wasn't sure what you meant. Well I did wire wrap a computer once upon a time, but the skill needed for your task is well beyond me. Have you built instruments before?

That would be quite a project. I wish you success.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
i am currently studying about the parametric tester and will be doing a project on how to build one. May i know does the architecture for the tester will typically have the same design with the current available parametric tester?
i did found the architecture of the current parametric tester but i'm having problem where to start as i am confused and cannot plan very well because i cannot relate the knowledge that i have about it.
it could be a pleasure for me if you guys can help me especially the one that have involved in this kind of project.

thank you.
What parameters did you need to check? How many points? Certainly a simpler tester can be built.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You talk like there is one and only one "parametric tester" and that you think you can just build one for less.

I particularly liked the last sentence: "it could be a pleasure for me if you guys can help me especially the one that have involved in this kind of project."

You don't tell us what the kind of project is or what one is involved, yet you want us to help you with it.

Polish up those crystal balls, everyone!

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
You talk like there is one and only one "parametric tester" and that you think you can just build one for less.

I particularly liked the last sentence: "it could be a pleasure for me if you guys can help me especially the one that have involved in this kind of project."

You don't tell us what the kind of project is or what one is involved, yet you want us to help you with it.

Polish up those crystal balls, everyone!
Give him a chance to elaborate.

fatimahfaisal

Joined Dec 22, 2016
How do you propose to do that with an LCR meter?
Presumably a "cmu" is a component measuring unit? If not, what is it?

the question was asked here before i had given the specific task. now, i had given a task in the project to handle the cmu. so i need to measure capacitance using that LCR METER.