i want help with my project "accelerometer controlled robotic arm"

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
i am making my final year project in electronics .my topic is accelerometer controlled robotic arm .i cannot proceed with circuit diagram and coding of it can any one help ??

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Is this a serious effort? You have selected a topic, but have turned to us to produce it for you? And give no details at all.

We will help with projects, but do not produce them on demand. We must insist you make the effort to research the hardware, design the interface, select a suitable controller, and do the coding. It is for a grade, so you must do the work to earn the grade.

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
but i need help as in how to interface an accelerometer with any motor (to drive the arm)??i have done a lot of research in my field but pardon my way of asking the question was pretty open and rude.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You will probably need a 3 axis accelerometer to sens arm motion - perhaps mode is the arm is jointed. The outputs will have to be conditioned and read by a microcontroller (probably pretty high power for this application). The microcontroller, directed by a program, will control a number of motors to actually move the arm. Some input to the microcontroller to direct it may be necessary.

This might be easier with stepper motors running the arm, but it's still a lot of work. Do you need to construct the arm as well?

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
what do u suggest ??
shud i construct the arm or buy 1 ???
)finance is also my concern in the project.)

but i have lots of queries that which microcontroller should i use atmega16 or 32 and ?shud i directly interface the triaxis accelerometer with the microcontroller??
i also need make this project wireless between the arm and accelerometer would that be possible????

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Knowing nothing of your background, I can suggest almost nothing. If this is all new to you, you really need to do some research to see what you are comfortable getting into.

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
which software shud i use to simulate my project hardware??
i have a design but i need to test it virtually first.
i tried on "proteus" but it doesnt have accelerometer control.

Hey Raaj,

I think a lot of these questions are good questions for your professor. I suspect you're biting off more than you can chew. Embedded systems, control systems, wireless communications, mechanics... this is alot for one person for one semester if you are starting from scratch (i.e. building your own mechanical arm...). Heck, that's a lot for a GROUP project even. Plus choosing your own hardware is not an easy task for a first timer... there's usually lots of trial and error there.

In my opinion, you need to work with your professor to narrow the scope this project and have HIM give you the electronic hardware so that you will have his help as a resource.

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
i have attached the layout developed by myself ..along with it i have provided the details in bracket. i just want to know if i am goin right ??

are there any flaws in basic blocks?? or did i missed something???

see the attachment

Attachments

RAAJ90

Joined Apr 19, 2011
i have attached the layout developed by myself ..along with it i have provided the details in bracket. i just want to know if i am goin right ??

are there any flaws in basic blocks?? or did i missed something???